Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get the WORST pizza in Dublin?

• 15-06-2003 9:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine has bet me that he can eat any kind of pizza and I want to 'treat' him to the most greasy, badly cooked and generally unpleasant pizza available in the city order to win the bet.

All 'reccomendations' welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can't imagine it would exist unless you're talking about some greasy spoon place on the north side(!) or some strange kebab place that deep fries pizzas that I don't know about.

The only thing I can think of is really doughy pizzas like 4 star. Get him a pizza with no cheese and no tomato and no topping, that'll dry him out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got a dominos the other day with banana chillis on it.. they are f*cking disgusting :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Originally posted by Pigman II
    A friend of mine has bet me that he can eat any kind of pizza and I want to 'treat' him to the most greasy, badly cooked and generally unpleasant pizza available in the city order to win the bet.

All 'reccomendations' welcome.

MIZZONI in Santry is fcuking awful.

I used to order pizzas from them, but stopped as the quality of their "product" and the unreliability of their delivery service got progressively worse and worse.

And they started off good when I first ordered from them (about 2 years ago) !

Now, all their pizzas are either vomit-inducingly undercooked or terminally overcooked. But you can always guarantee that famous watery-sauce!

I stopped ordering a short while back after my pizza and chips had small black tick-like insects embedded in them. I am not joking, but it does remind me of an old joke....

Q: What's worse than finding a worm in your apple?
    A: Finding half a worm in your apple!

The bugs, I think, must have been flying around the grill & chip fryer when they met their fate.

I would like to think that MIZZONI in Santry would notice their customer base shrinking, then question why, and finally rectifying the situation by increasing their cleanliness and cooking standards. And then and only then can they expect me and others to buy from them again.

So that's my 'recommendation' ...... ANY pizza from MIZZONI in Santry. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

You could go to a supermarket and buy a Gino Ginelli pizza. I bought one years ago and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. The smell filled the house for ages too. Not a nice cooking pizza smell...more of a rotten odour! I can't remember what was on it. Could've been just plain or the one with 4 different cheeses on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by Sandi
    You could go to a supermarket and buy a Gino Ginelli pizza. I bought one years ago and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten.

The advertisement alone was enough to put me off

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Pizza Hut anybody?
    I went to the one in Blanchardstown about 4 years ago.It was sh1te times sh1te.IIRC a tiny pizza,a coke and dessert cost a bomb.
    When I say tiny it was around the size of the little gino ginelli pizzas,or not much bigger anyway.It was swimming in grease and there were thin streaks of ham and around 2 tiny slices of mushroom on it.
    I threw up from the grease around an hour later.Havent eaten in pizza hut since.

I remember getting a sh1te pizza in town around 10 years ago.It was from some overpriced place too.

I cant stand a greasy pizza.

As for frozen pizzas,the Goodfellas ones used to be of near restaurent quality but they changed the sauce last winter and I havent touched one since.They are vile.I still have one sitting in the freezer which I am unlikely to eat bar the 2nd great famine comes to Ireland.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Originally posted by Belle Ende
    I stopped ordering a short while back after my pizza and chips had small black tick-like insects embedded in them.

You should have brought said items back immediately and made not-so-vague references to the health inspectors.

And another thing, don't assume that they will take the shrinking customer base as a hint to up their standards. Complain, preferably in writing, and don't do it in an anonymous fashion, they will take it much more seriously if you identify yourself.
    Cite your insect incident (and other complaints) in the letter and again, make not-so-vague references to health inspectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

Chew 'N' Chat in Ranelagh.

Truly awful pizza's, made by a troop of scabies ridden pizza monkeys and served in a dirty ashtray.

an experience of unparalled woe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭Belle Ende

Originally posted by Samson
    You should have brought said items back immediately and made not-so-vague references to the health inspectors.

Your advice makes sense, but other factors* made me decide to simply boycott them for the foreseeable future. If circumstances were different, then I certainly would have done as you have suggested. But alas, sometimes a trouble-free life is more important. :)

*Dodgy pikey types always hanging outside the premises / not exactly caring staff / fear of them blacklisting me (and they'd know my phone + address!) / and spitting (or worse) in my pizza each time I order a delivery! It's a shame that I feel such intimidation in 'modern' Ireland, and I suspect I'm not alone in this either! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

never eaten in the santry mizzonis but the phibsboro one is fantabulos!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Sandi
    You could go to a supermarket and buy a Gino Ginelli pizza. I bought one years ago and it was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. The smell filled the house for ages too. Not a nice cooking pizza smell...more of a rotten odour!
    Did you take the plastic wrapping off before cooking it?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Yes. Silly person! Although I think the cheese itself was some form of plastic too...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

id imagine a tip out the back off 4 star pizza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Has anyone ever had Turkish Pizza, had it in Germany, the hottest thing ever. Having said that I finished it so that's not really an endorsement for your friend not being able to eat it.

He will probably be able to eat most of the worst pizza's. The trick is to bring him out all night on the piss. Spring one of the pizzas on him at around 10 or 11 the next morning when he's dieing and see how he gets on:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I remember whar teenage mutant hero turtles were all the rage, they had their own range of chilled pizzas with odd flovours like chocolate and marshmallow (on a regular base!) they looked pretty sick, go to the baking isle in the supermarket, you can buy pizza base mix there and put whatever the hell you want on it, then put it into a fourstar box and get a friend to deliver it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

good idea, make your own pizza, did the bet stipulate you couldn't do that?

Then do a jackass and make vomit topping covered with cheese to hide it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

An olive and anchovies with extra olives and anchovies...............fish don't belong on a pizza imo:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

keep your anchovies in the hotpress till they get nice and stinky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Originally posted by Nemici
    Chew 'N' Chat in Ranelagh.

Truly awful pizza's, made by a troop of scabies ridden pizza monkeys and served in a dirty ashtray.

an experience of unparalled woe.

There shop in Harolds X was closed down for health regulations a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

A pizza I got from Mizzoni in Terenure was fu<king MINGING.
    The spaghetti carbonara I got with it wasn't bad though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭therannu

Mizzoni's carbonara IS pretty good, but the accompanying garlic bread was a bit soggy. This was the Santry branch, so now I'm getting a bit worried.
    I miss Bewley's in the Omni Centre.

Advertisement