Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DvD Drive Help/Opinion

• 15-06-2003 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭

Hey all, I bought an asus e616 dvd drive from complete a month and a bit ago and havn't had much time to use it but i went to watch a dvd on it the other day and it just wouldn't let me! I've managed to play one other dvd before on it but it was soooo slow. If I enable dma on it, it tends to crash windows, so i have to run it with dma off. the drive itself is linked to my cd writer and the cd writer is never in use when i'm using the dvd drive. I've also noticed that the speed at which it runs normal cds is very slow.

So i finally get to the question, anyone know what's wrong? I know it's not windows cuz i've formatted the machine twice since i've first used the drive, have the latest drivers for my mobo, and the latest bios upgrade also. Could the drive be failing? Any opinions suggestions are welcome.

System Specs:
    Win98
    512mb Sdram pc133
    1.2 Ghz Amd Duron
    Creative 128 mb geforce 4 ti Graphics Card
    DVD Rom - Asus E616

Thanks,
    BoB_BoT

Advertisement