Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCD ghosting

• 15-06-2003 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

This is a familiar problem to people with powerful computers and fast graphic cards. The root of the problem is that the graphics card is updating faster than the screen can display so you get a ghosting effect. A overly simplistic description of the problem but enough for this message.

While doing a bit of research on direct x I noticed a function that can force vsync which means the you can stop the graphics card from updating your monitor/lcd screen until the monitor/lcd is ready. Thus it can match your response rate or refresh time, theorectically eliminating the problem of ghosting.

Unfortunatly my computer is too crap to reach more than 60 fps in any game I have so I cannot vouch for this, but I encourage other people who do have a ghosting problem to try this out. I think there's force vsync option is your display properties. I'm assuming you own either an ati or geforce graphics solution so... give it a go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭Barry Aldwell

Never noticed it on my LCD. Maybe it desn't affect DVI, but I've never had problems.

Advertisement