Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Fone Roaming IN Germany

Options
  • 15-06-2003 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭

Ok I dunno is this the correct fourm or not but here goes my question,

Im a Vodafone user and will be in Germany fro 2 weeks in July, I want to find out which network to Select as I know it varies alot between differnt networks on pricing

Has anyone got an experience in these rip off charges ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you ring Vodafone they should be able to give you all the prices for the networks in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

i was in amsterdam, canada & the US earlier this year and made the mistake of bringing my phone. Two €150 bills awaited me when I got home.

Details of roaming charges & roaming networks can be found on the vodafone site.

Dunno about Germany but while I was in Amsterdam I used NL Vodafone..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

You'll often find that it's cheaper to get a throw away card while you're overseas..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

often vodafone isn't the cheapest operator to roam on...
    make sure you check all the options

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

O2 recomend Vodafone for roaming in Germany, presumably Vodafone would recomend themselves also - as for which is cheapest I haven't a clue.

When roaming if you make a local call (ie. a call to another German number) will it be charged ridiculously or at local rates?. I have a speakeasy phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by blacknight
    You'll often find that it's cheaper to get a throw away card while you're overseas..

Good point.. I ended up getting an international phone card while in San Francisco for around $10 and I ended up getting about an hour out of it.

Think very carefully about using your phone abroad and if anything take the advice given on the vodafone website: Divert all voice calls to your voicemail. You will of course be advised of any messages via text message (assuming you have that option turned on) and you will be able to recieve text messages from other phones.

Advertisement