Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Digital question

• 15-06-2003 11:06pm

I am getting NTL Digital tomorrow. This is an upgrade on my sky sports analog decoder . I already have cable so i was wondering will this digital be the same as the analog with respects its mobility . For instance if i want to watch football but the TV is being used i unplug the decoder and bring it upstairs and watch it on my TV . Can this be done with Digital or is this cabled into the 1 TV ? Any quick responces would be greatly appriciated .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Nope, provided your internal cabling is up to scratch, you should be able to do as you did with your analogue. It comes with a splitter, so you'd bring splitter and all with you.

I've brought the box and splitter to another room without problems .. I didn't actually try without the splitter. I now have a digisender .. much easier :)

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnnyq

Wrong forum try the CABLE board

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Aardvark

Originally posted by cgarvey
    I've brought the box and splitter to another room without problems .. I didn't actually try without the splitter. I now have a digisender .. much easier :)

.cg
    I see the digisender that Tony sells on satellite.ie works in the 2.4GHz range. Any idea if that would interfere with a wireless LAN setup?

I'm also getting NTL digital in tomorrow. Anything in particular that I should watch out for or check out before the installer leaves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Originally posted by Aardvark
    I see the digisender that Tony sells on satellite.ie works in the 2.4GHz range. Any idea if that would interfere with a wireless LAN setup?

A bit, but access points and the digisender should be able to use different channels. I did have some issues at first, as my AP was very near my DS receiver, but moving them apart and setting them to use different channels solved the trick, not perfectly though.. but I think thats because both are cheapos.
    Originally posted by Aardvark
    I'm also getting NTL digital in tomorrow. Anything in particular that I should watch out for or check out before the installer leaves?
    I don't think there is anything to watch for, its a fairly straight forward install.

.cg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If a video sender isn't 2.4GHz FM it's illegal!

Ive used a Video sender on all four video channels beside laptop in kitchen and the WiFi LAN adapter in attic. No problem.

Also the Microwave Oven is a similar band too, but if any is leaking out to interfer with Video Sender or MMDS (2.5GHz) or WiFi Lan *GET RID OF IT*

I have a 3GHz sig meter / counter. It can't "see" Mobile Phones or WiFi Lan as they are spread spectrum type devices. It can see the Video Sender TX and also the UHF 433MHz remote transmitter by the receiver. (only one fixed channel).

It can't "see" either of my microwaves, but does "see" an old one in work, if held close to door. We don't stand near it anymore...

• Advertisement
Advertisement