Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commute from edenderry

Options
  • 15-06-2003 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭

I am thinking of making move from Lucan to Edenderry.I will have to commute to dublin city around Kildare St area.Anybody got any thoughts on travel time,real ones not estate agents 35 mins to City.Also Schools are there places to be had.There are none to be had in Lucan.Not stuck on Edenderry but i want to pay below 200000 for house and be on or near N4.Sorry if this is not OT.But i would appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

What about Kinnegad?
    It's right on the N4,schools there and a good daily bus service from bus eireann,and more importantly you will get a great house under 200,000euro, i bought a brand new 1,300 sq foot 4 bed semi for 166,00 but they are 190,000 now but still good value considering todays prices and it is exactley 39 miles to o'connell street,it's takes me 30 mins exactley by car to get to HP in leixlip,so add on what it takes you from lucan to the city and you will be close enough to your real travel time.

Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

well from edenderry id say 45 mins - 1 hr to the city taking traffic into account . im from tullamore myself so ive done that root a few times . can get held up tho in traffic .

how do you intend on traveling tho ?

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Thank you for your replies i am going to see a new house for 190 in Kinnegad.Seems to a better commute.I have to drive I need car for travel around Dublin.Garry did you move from Dublin what do you think of Kinnegad in general

I'm origanlly from dublin and now living in celbridge the last 8 years,i haven't moved to kinnegad yet as the house is not ready but i will be moving in the next 2 months.

I work with a few people from kinnegad and they say it is good town(services,going out etc) and i have travelled the road a few times now and it is fine,only takes me 35 mins to HP in leixlip and at the quiet times it takes under 30mins.at The long weekends the traffic around and in and out if the town will be very busy but thats not to often so nothing to worry about.

Is it manorfield the house is in? As thats where i bought mine,let me know how you get on.

Gary.

Yes Manorfield it is.I went down to the site today .I looked at the show house last week and but a booking deposit on one due for completion in May. But i went to the site today and walked around a nearly finished one.I noticed the downstairs floor plan has changed ie there is now a massive toilet under the stairs.I know the reasons why but i feel Potterton are misleading people about this.When i rang them they said my house would be the same as the showhouse....... this sounds like a lie to me.When i said i had been to the site they then said they could not say what the layout of my house would be.They promised to ring me back but of course they did not.Were you informed of any changes.How do you feel about this .There is now a 5ft square chunk gone from dining area and front room is smaller than the show house .All the doors are wider and all the plugs ,electric tv and phone,are all at waist height

• Advertisement

Unfortunetly as far as i know your house will have the larger toilet down stairs,some new law that came in last year, the first 36 where built with the smaller toilets and mine was no 35 so i got one of the last one's which i have to be honest and say i was pleased about.

The g/f's uncle bought one behind us and his house has the larger toilet downstairs and i have to say it does take from the house.if potterton are saying that your's will have the smaller toilet then as to look at the plan's of the house and it will show the size it will be.

Gary.

Potterton reckon they have not got a floor plan for the new layout. But they are still selling them 'as show house' even though they know they are different.This sounds like sharp practise to me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Dont move out of Lucan at all, country living is dire !

Any update on the house andy?

Got the plans of the house today ,from the builder ,Potterton still 'cant obtain a copy'.And although it is quite a change its still alot of house for the money.So i reckon come next March/ April we will be neighbours ! How has it been for you dealing with Potterton and the builders.Are they OK about extras and stuff.Is your place going to be finished when they said it would?Mine will be one of the last to be finished it is right on the end of the crescent.Any information would be a help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

Try the Citizens advice bureau fior help :)

I didn't buy my house from potterton,i bought mine from Tom fox auctioneers in kinnegad,some one had bought 2 of them from the plans of potterton and sold them on later at a profit.but he didn't make anything on mine as i paid 166k:D good enough for him.

The g/f's uncle bought his from potterton and had no hassle with extra's but there was a bit of hassle with the snag list but they got it sorted after a while,well hopefully i'll see you around.

Gary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

i know it might be too late now, but what about Enfield?

(just moved there last month myself - renting ) seems like a nice place, and 15-18 mins. closer to city.

You won't get a house in enfield for under 200K thats why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Crunch

same with Maynooth? I wouldn't mind moving there.

Your talking 270k for a s/h 3bed in maynooth,the college keeps the rent and prices high in maynooth

Advertisement