Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

utv.ip click silver billing.. confused..pls help!

Options
  • 15-06-2003 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hello hello,

Me thinks me go for Utvip clicksilver.. yup yup...

Just one or two more questions..

On the order form under Phone line Details / Customer Authrisation it says: 'Total number of phone lines in this order' now im a little confused here, does this mean im getting another line seperate to my existing eircom line? or does it mean im just switching my current phone line to Utp ip? Also if I do switch my line to utv ip do I have to cancel my existing eircom billing or what :/.. or is this done for me.. all confused in this matter be great if someone could clear this up thanks..

Also about the quality of this service.. will I have low ping and good download rates?? as there is the 5gb cap.. or will it end up like the netsource service?? Should it be the same as the i-stream from eircom (thats their radsl product right? and they have good dload speeds and pings right?)

A quick reply would be great ;) I am hopeing to get my order in fast if all goes well :D

Thanks.

Coz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

You're switching your one line to UTVi and they'll take care of disconnecting the eircon telephony billing (your line rental billing still comes from eircon)

Quality of service remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I switched to UTVip (Lite) service about 6 months ago or more.. and never had any issues since.

The off peak flat fee billing is great. Get a statement every month. no hassles.

Best of all its a way to take more money away from those robbing theiving b***ards at €ircon.

I'd recommend the UTVip service to anyone, and now that they have just launched a broadband service (clicksilver!) I reckon I'll be signing up for that.

c0y0te

ps - be prepared for several €eircon biddy's phoning and calling to your door with inquisitive faces wondering why you could have possibly wanted to switch from their *excellent* service and pricing model to another vendor ;)!!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Thanks Sir Random, and coy for ure reply's.

Coy I ment is the service of there Click silver going to be good?? Or will it end up like netsources service?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,462 ✭✭✭shinzon

Depends, netsource has no cap and warez monkies plus not enough bandwidth to cope, utv on the other has a 5 gb cap, nobody connected yet so yell have to wait until then to see the quality of service and have UTV got the bandwidth to cope with it, until then anythng is just conjecture

Regards

Shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

damn it :(... Is netsource the only radsl service out at the moment.. is eircoms i-stream not radsl.. and if it is .. is that giving a good service? I know it being eircom its self providing the i -stream it might not be a good way to judge what the click silver service will be like.. but its more similar to the i-stream service than that of the netsource one due to the caps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement