Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zoids

• 16-06-2003 8:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Zoids here

Anyone here recall these toys from the 80's? They were motorised models of insects or dinosaurs. They came in kit form and were held together with little rubber grommets on pegs rather than sturdier screws or nuts and bolts. I only owned a couple of the smaller ones but from what I remember they were really well designed. Did anyone here ever own (or still own) Zoids?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I owned a couple. They were class! Remember the little gold/silver coloured pilots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Oh yeah! They were molded in a permanent 'sitting down' position. They fit pretty well in other toys IIRC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Yeah I had a couple. I used to set two up on a table facing each other and see which one was pushed off first. The loser would plummet to it's doom and break into pieces. Exciting stuff. I remember having a slug and a spider and then a few months later I got a sort of T-REX which kicked the other two's butts.

davej

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

i never really dug the zoids, they looked cool but they were really easy to break and most of the games I played as a kid involved rage, carnage and throwing stuff around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

Ah yes, zoids. I had the big T-Rex one. It was great. It took me ages to build. When it was finished and it could move I was thinking "Wow I have godly powers!" I didn't know how it worked, only that it worked because I built it. Quite the feeling it was.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

That was my only real criticism of Zoids. The motor/gearbox units (i.e. the interesting bits) were always sealed units, with the bits you 'built' hanging around these centralised parts. Perfect for the age range though, I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

I was in Smiths the other day, TOMY have rereleased Zoids in a newer, lamer, more plasticy lookin form. were cool though

Advertisement