Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flourescent Lights in Toilets

• 16-06-2003 9:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Didn't know where was the best place to put this post - so mod(s), if needs be, please move!

Was out in town over the weekend, numerous places, bit of a pub crawl - but one thing amased me.

There were those flourescent lights that light up any piece of white that you may be wearing in the toilets in nearly every place i went!

Is this some new thing? Is it like tose little fly eletricutors that you usually see in a chipper?

Weird, cause I went into a shopping centre the other day and the same thing was going on there. But the lights werent electrifyed, there were just ordinary tube lights..... any ideas???? Its a bit weird going into a toilet in the middle of the day and it looks like a nightclub!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

its to stop ppl taking intravenus drugs, you cant see ur veins with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

AAAHHHHH!!

Makes a whole lot of sense - some places only had them in the cubicles themselves and not in the main urinal area.

Thanks for the reply rob - been annoying me for a while now!

Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Originally posted by robc
    its to stop ppl taking intravenus drugs, you cant see ur veins with them.

Is it just me or do they make you feel like there should be drug use going on.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Originally posted by sykeirl
    Is it just me or do they make you feel like there should be drug use going on.....

LOL - it does give you that feeling alright, down the back of a niteclub - hidden away!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

they are to show for the pressence of coke too if the bouncers burst in on someone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

They have this in the Burger King on the side of Grafton Street near Trinity College.Why anybody would go into a fast food restaurant to do heroin is beyond me.
    Actually the lighting probably looks a bit phucked up and mad if you are on acid or something when you go in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

The ones in stephens green are ok but in the toilets of that pub on dame st (across from central bank) its so dark you can't see what you're doing :rolleyes: I agree more toilets should have them to stop knacker junkies bangin up in the toilets
    Why anybody would go into a fast food restaurant to do heroin is beyond me.
    Id imagine it's one of the most common public places for junkies to take heroin - I mean they're hardly gonna do it in the middle of the resteraunt or at a bus stop or somethin

Advertisement