Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Girl from tomorrow

• 16-06-2003 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone remember this series from years ago. Was kind of in the same vein as "Halfway across the galaxy and turn left". There were 12 episodes in the first series which was mostly a light bit of fun kids tv show - girl comes from the future, moves in with suburban 20th century family gets chased by bad guy. It did however have a follow-up series of 12 episodes called "Girl From Tomorrow: Tomorrow's End", which was set half way between the current time and her time, detailing how her actions travelling through time resulted in the massive environmental damage we saw in the first series. This series was much darker and more interesting. Would love to get my hands on the videos or something because I'm sure I never saw the final episode to see how things pan out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

omg, that show rocked. used to rush home from school just to watch it. everything about it was so dam good.

i think i missed the last episode aswell. but i remember watching it when she got back to the year 3000 and the whole world had turned into a vast empty desert. she was shocked by it.

def the second series was alot darker than the first and much much better.

p.s. would it not be so cool to have one of those head band things to make things float.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I also loved that show but they always used to interrupt it in the middle of the series on RTÉ.
    The head band things were called transducers, the idea being that they convert electrical energy in the brain to some novel form of energy that would allow the brain to manipulate external objects directly.
    I thought they were cool but now I realize they're silly coz the brain already has an extremely well-developed way of manipulating external objects - through physical hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

I used to watch that, the idea was orignal but the lead girl just moaned the whole time, which was pretty boring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I always loved that show myself :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Originally posted by solice

p.s. would it not be so cool to have one of those head band things to make things float.

I was just about to ask if that was the show with the girl with the funny hairband yoke. Yep, that show was the business.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

aw that was a deadly program it used to be on the satuirday but it seemed to be over after about 5 minutes, alana the girl from tomorrow!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

I met her in vicar street pub in dublin, About two years ago, was going to go up and tell her how much i loved the show, but then got a hold of myself and remembered that i was 20 (at the time).

Oh but i loved that show.
    Alana is a lively girl from the year 3000 who is kidnapped by Silverthorn, a ruthless and dangerous criminal from the year 2500. Upon arriving in a rubbish tip in the year 1990, Alana escapes from the unconscious Silverthorn and runs into he unfamiliar surroundings with PJ, her wrist computer, as her only companion...

gogo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

man, i had totally forgotten about the wrist band computer. i used to talk to my cheap digital watch the same way she did hoping it would talk back. it didnt :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I used to watch this. It was more my sister's kind of thing but I thought yer wan in it was rather peachy (the girl from tomorrow, not her current-day friend)

Oh, look at that. Passed 4000 posts and I didn't even notice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭oneweb

Great show. With the transducer, the big mad time-machine, Alana, Petey and all the stuff that went on. Very good kiddy drama. Got a bit scared when they went to the future and all the white corridors an' all but twas still good :)

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by solice
    i used to talk to my cheap digital watch the same way she did hoping it would talk back. it didnt :(
    lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Haha, I used to love that show, I was just getting used to it being 'the 90s' and all that, so all the references to '1991' etc used to make me think it was so futuristic. I don't think that makes sense. I don't care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I liked this show too. She was an alien with an Aussie accent? :p

found a website on it: http://www.angelfire.com/id/tomorrow/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by sceptre
    (the girl from tomorrow, not her current-day friend)
    lol, her punky drummer friend was pretty nasty alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

THe site's OK. I'd love to get all the Girl from Tomorrow programmes on DVD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I can only vaguely remember this. But it was quality kiddie far.

What I can remember was that that future chick was awful hot.

Advertisement