Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax Refunds due to working abroad.

Options
  • 16-06-2003 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭

Hi:

I plan on leaving the little island soon to do the classic working holiday trip to Australia & NZ.

Having worked and rented for the past 3 years non-stop I understand I can claim for rent relief and tax-back on my earnings to date this tax year.

Has anyone any experience / tips and tricks to ensure that all goes smoothly (the refunds not the trip!), for example my landlord refuses to disclose his PPS number..... Any other rfund claims I should know about, (hell I paid 3 years worth of tax I'm entitled to a little back!)

Appreciated
    b.i.d.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Report him to the revenue. He is not declaring the rental income.

As for getting back income tax, get p45 and form p50 and send to tax office. You need to say on p50 that you are leaving the country and want a refund.

Best of luck!

James

• Registered Users Posts: 78,370 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by bringitdown
    Has anyone any experience / tips and tricks to ensure that all goes smoothly (the refunds not the trip!), for example my landlord refuses to disclose his PPS number..... Any other rfund claims I should know about, (hell I paid 3 years worth of tax I'm entitled to a little back!)
    Just fill in what details you do know about him on from RENT1 from www.revenue.ie.

Advertisement