Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Undead

• 16-06-2003 11:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭

http://www.undeadmovie.com

Guys.. I hope you don't mind me telling you this, but I have a major boner for this film. It's an extremely slick, reasonably low-budget Australian zombie film, that takes a little bit of Brain Dead, Night of the Living Dead, and The Killer, and mashes them all up together.

On the front of the page, they have a quote from Dark Horizons (pretty smart bunch of guys, roughly next in line after Fangoria for knowing thier shit), who have called it "The best zombie movie since Night of the Living Dead". Pretty bold claim. Download the trailer, and you'll see they could be right. The film looks like it is sticking to the 'classic' zombie movie pretext and storyline, without trying to put a 'modern' spin on it (a la 28 days later).

"When I was a kid, we fuckin' respected our parents.. we didn't fuckin' eat 'em!"

Like I said - major boner for this film.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

"When I was a kid, we ****in' respected our parents.. we didn't ****in' eat 'em!"

i like that quote lol ! sounds good - Ill look forward...is there a release date ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

As far as I know, it's only managed to secure distribution in 16 countries. But fret not! They've already got a DVD in the works. You can download a cut-down (5 minute) 'making of' documentary on the site.

I've written to them, asking them what the story is with their UK/Eire release, since I can't find any direct information about it anywhere else. I'm also about to write to the lads at Horrorthon, to see if they can swing getting it shown in the IFC as part of their bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

good work obey, keep me informed - specially about a possible showing in IFC - that would be kewl ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I downloaded the trailer the other night.
    Very cool looking indeed.
    Or should that be 'Very cool looking undead!'
    OMG, I'm a master of comedy!

I could try a pull a few strings here in Galway and try it get them to show it in the town hall, or the college.

I got a reply from the director regarding an Irish release..
    Hi John,

Thank you for writing to us!

We can assure you that we understand your frustrations extremely well.
    Ireland is not the only country with "conservative" influences. In this
    regard we are rather fortunate in Australia, as UNDEAD received an "MA
    15+" rating, which means that not only every person of the age of 15 or
    over, but also younger kids accompanied by an adult can have some fun
    watching UNDEAD on the big screen.

UNDEAD will have its theatrical release in Australia in about two
    months' time, to be followed by Japan, the UK, Spain and USA/Canada,
    just to name some of the bigger countries (it has been sold to 21
    countries so far, but not Ireland!). What we will do, is to talk to our
    UK distributor and see what the chances are to distribute in Ireland.
    Quite frankly, we have had no approaches from Ireland directly, but we
    should also not fail to mention that theatrical distribution is a risky
    and expensive undertaking.

We have also had quite a number of invitations to screen UNDEAD at film
    festivals. In Europe, it screened at Fantasporto in Portugal and then of
    course at Dead by Dawn in Edinburgh. We have recently accepted an
    invitation to screen UNDEAD at the Fantasy Filmfest in Germany, which
    goes to seven major cities. A number of other festivals we had to give
    a miss due to the overlap. In North America, the 'Premiere Presentation'
    will be at Fantasia in Montreal next month. And you have probably read
    some of the reviews after the Sydney screening on Friday, 13 June.

We are writing to you via our business email address, which ensures that
    we will keep your mail on file and we promise to come back to you in due
    course. If we see any chance at all to screen UNDEAD in Dublin for a
    special occasion, we would be more than happy to do this, but it is just
    too early for us to make a full assessment on all our upcoming
    commitments and when/if our 'festival print' is available.

I trust you understand our position.

Best regards,

Peter Spierig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

I think i speak for all of us when i say what a thouroghly nice bloke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭Slane

Oh and i meant to say something else. Now i know well of the horrothon but i always get my wires a little crossed about how frequently the horrothon group meet. I just guessed that they meet once a year for the horrorthon but then i got conflicting messages from sources that they meet every couple of weeks. Whether thats to watch horror flicks or just talk about them i don't know, does anyone here have the info to set me straight?

Originally posted by Slane
    Oh and i meant to say something else. Now i know well of the horrothon but i always get my wires a little crossed about how frequently the horrothon group meet. I just guessed that they meet once a year for the horrorthon but then i got conflicting messages from sources that they meet every couple of weeks. Whether thats to watch horror flicks or just talk about them i don't know, does anyone here have the info to set me straight?
    They meet irregularly (but usually once a month) to watch horror movies in the IFC, with the big showing over Halloween weekend. I've started a new thread with details of this month's meeting.

Advertisement