Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bowie plays the Point

• 16-06-2003 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

David Bowie plays the Point on Saturday November 22nd, no word on tickets yet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

tickets on sale on friday morning.
    €56.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

thanks, there will be big demand for these i'd say

seems to be sold out, couldn't get onto the website :( . Anyone manage to get tickets?

and another thing, how come i can get onto ticketmaster.co.uk with ease and its selling tickets for 4 Bowie concerts in the UK. whats wrong with ticketmaster.ie they obviously don't have enough capacity to handle ticket sales!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Originally posted by comet
    whats wrong with ticketmaster.ie

Surely €ircon are to blame :D . Even if they aren't. I'm sure it's one of their henchmen.

Tickets for this sort of thing always(well, usually) appear in the For Sale Forum after a while, at face value. So you could wait for that.

Dregin

P.S. If you go to Ticketmaster.ie a few days before a big event and search for "test", a test event might come up. Click the title of the test event. Go to the date that it's on...... and there shud be thereal event that your lookin for and you can buy.........

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post that info or if it even works 100% but it has been posted here before so umm yeah saves yah the bother of battling your way onto their servers on the day:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yeah teh site was all over the place this morning, i battled through and picked up 2 tickets though :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I managed to get 2 tickets too, but still haven't had any confirmation e-mail.....

I wouldn't worry about the email, i've bought tickets before and recieved no email, ticketmasters policy on it is

"We will endeavour to send you an email in addition to this Confirmation Page. However, should you not receive an email, this Confirmation Page acts as confirmation of purchase. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Samara

got my tickets and confirmation mail!! Think the site was just all over the place because there were so many users logged onto it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i am a happy smurf. i wasnt this morning i tells ya,i was going to kill my computer,the damn site messed up so much.it kept on telling me there were no tickets!
    well i got two now anyway,
    yay for me!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I'm so upset at missing out on this.

The ticketmaster website looks at bit wierd too. It doesn't say sold out or anything just that you can't buy yet.

Maybe some more will go on sale or something. Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

More tickets going onsale Thursday (3/7/03) morning @ 9 for an extra night on the Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Cheers Pete!!

Yeah, thanks Pete, lets hope i can get them this time

on ticketmaster, but it keeps crashing!!! can't get tickets, anyone having any luck?

wey hey!! got them eventually, what a sh*t site!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭Epitaph

Go mine in DCU! :D - hardly anyone there, only myself and another fella waiting for tickets.

and Ziggy plaaaaaaaaaayed.......geeeeeeetaaaaaaaaaaaaarr!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

its sold out now

Have people received their tickets yet??
    i haven't!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

Nothing yet - but probably wont come for 6-8 weeks before gig

• Advertisement
Advertisement