Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reaper Man -vs- Witches Abroad

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

First pratchett book I read and I loved it. Caught me like a barbed hook on the end of DEATH's fishing line.

Reaper man that was.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

reaper man, witches abroad was funny but reaper man was just great :)

"it's made from apples.. well... mainly apples"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Witches Abroad.

Occasionally, Minesabananananananananananadakry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

He walked across the room to a stack of timber and thrust the scythe well out of the way behind the heap. There was a brief, punctured squeak.
    Anyway, it would be all right. He'd give Bill his farthing back in the morning.

The Death of Rats materialised behind the heap in the forge, and trudged to the sad little heap of fur that had been a rat that got in the way of the scythe.
    Its ghost was standing beside it, looking apprehensive. It didn't seem very pleased to see him.
    'Squeak? Squeak?'
    SQUEAK. the Death of Rats explained.
    'Squeak?'
    SQUEAK, the Death of Rats confirmed.
    *[Preen whiskers] [twitch nose]?*
    The Death of Rats shook its head.
    SQUEAK.
    The rat was crestfallen. The Death of Rats laid a bony but not entirely unkind paw on its shoulder.
    SQUEAK.

Tile rat nodded sadly. It had been a good life in the forge. Ned's housekeeping was almost non-existent, and he was probably the world champion absent-minded-leaver of unfinished sandwiches. It shrugged, and trooped after the small robed figure. It wasn't as if it had any choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Reaper Man was the first I remember reading, and Death is onlt second to only one other character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

what might that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

This couldn't be more one-sided. The best DW novel versus... a witches book.

Eaaaasy money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

is witches abroad a decent book tho?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah it's a good book. but i just find that recently the witches have just been pissing me off more than they have been entertaining me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭bozzie

reaper man has got so much over witches abroad both are good but reaper is a cut* above

*excuse the pun

• Advertisement
Advertisement