Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving back to Dublin - where to live to get good broadband?

Options
  • 16-06-2003 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

I am moving back to Dublin (last time I lived there was a year and half ago) and as such am looking forward to finally having broadband - it was what, May 2001 that my NO Limits account went dead.

So I am looking for advice on where to live in order to get good broadband service. I am looking at D8 area for work reasons, basically aroudn Ranelagh or Rathmines that sort of thing.

So what options would I be looking at? I am keen on this wireless malarky but would be happy to have uncapped DSL.

Is Dublin carved up between ESat and Eircom? WIll it be simple no choice but one company in the area or will I actually be able to choose?

Can anyone help here? I am not committed to living anywhere yet but I'd like to at least get a place with some options. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Ranelagh and rathmines are both D6 actually :)

Your best bet is probably to try to get into an ntl area - most of tallaght, bits of rathfarnam, tempelogue and ternure.

Failing that, try to get into an esat business dsl enabled area. Theres a list of them somewhere on boards (search ioffl) and on thier website. If your in one of those areas, you then have a choice between Esat Business ADSL, Eircom ADSL and all the flavours of RADSL.

Advertisement