Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQCL

Options
  • 27-11-1998 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I posted this on Devvy's board, but I'm just making sure that it's seen...

Ok I know its a clan league and all, but it's time to face it, as long as people play in clans that come from uni's, people are going to moan. The only way to stop this is to open draw all the teams. This has some great advantages. 1. It proves the ability of a player to adapt to a team. 2. It stops clans from cheating, as a single or pair of players who cheat in a mixed clan are far more likely to be found out. 3. It COMPLETELY levels the playing field, and isn't that what we all want - A good, fair game of Quake? 4. It allows a player to learn from team mates on different clans, and spreads around different styles of play. (I don't wanna go up against 5 LG shafts of nD again, if I can help it) :). I'd gladly play with any four others against five randomly picked players. It has great potential. So maybe it's not even IQCL (although it should be, as it would stop people complaining, and generally getting ****ed off). If it's not suitable, tell me, and I'll gladly help organise a parallel tourney, (it could be like practise). Consider it folks, because in the end, all we wanna do is play Quake, not rant around on IRC and WWW boards. Hail to the King, Baby.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bunnor

That or just join a clan mate...which is easier?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

funny that, we do this all the time on the q2 war server. 2 random teams which we try and even out as we join in. and as we don't need any of that proxy messin for location messages et al we do learn from each other.

now don't get me wrong DeVore, i'm not trying to suggest that q2 is better than q1 again or start another thread but ..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Bunnor

WOW!
    you actually do that?
    I should play q2 instead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

EHHHHHH, I PICKS THE BLOKE WHO LOOKS LIKE PADDYS SISTOR, GO RED YOU LITTLE SCUTTER, YES YOU EGHHH
    CMERE
    COME ****ING HERE TILL OI BREEAK YE EHHHH EGHHHHHH FUCGKING REALLY ANGRY NOW LAD NOW WHERE TIS KENO JESUS THAT BLOKE LOOKS LIKE A DEADDLY FIOTOR ILL PICK HIM IF HE GIVES ME 2 FAEGS AN A CAN OF COAKE FUUCKIHNG ERALLY INSANELY ****ED OFF KNACKER BLOKE COME FUCDFING ERE NOW..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

FUUCKING BREAAAK YE'S ALLL GONNA DRIVE ME TRACTER OVER YIS..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 TOASTOR

I POSTED THAT LIKE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

So thaat is what you were doing in qg28 :P

Would that tractor happen to be a Zetor or a Massey BAI!? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 adidas

Ahh Scar, I'm dissapointed. Dont you know it goes a lil sumthin like this:

"The Massey shes a classy, but the Zetor, Shes a better." :)

rob-chasing-city-slickers-all-the-way-to-ahascragh-in-a-tract00r

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Scarab

Now how can you say that the zetor is a superior tractor to the 'oul massey ferguson. I tell yah i wouldnt like to be out ploughin me field in a zetor bai. I tell yah bai the massey is the only way to go for sheer reliability and room for shaggin sheep in the back. Which reminds me ... mmmmm ... im off out to the field bai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

Scuse me but I was on my cousins farm once and the sexy tractors were David Brown's. White ones. The Masseys are for boggers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kaile

In reply to original message (seeing as tractors don't get me wet....)

Its a nice idea. But its fundamentally flawed in that clan playing at it's most advanced requires a great deal of familiarity with your team mates playing styles. Of course tactics are importand, and need to be planned out, understood, and refined according to opposition and level. This stands to reason, but something which I feel is overlooked is that you absolutely need to understand your teammates playing styles, and be familiar with them to the point that you can predict and assume their movements correctly. I've played with my clan for a long time now, and I still find this to be the case.

then again I am made of blue cheese so what does it matter

Advertisement