Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by eireboy
    Please put my head to rest and tell me if the Metre stick explaination would be acceptable and able for full marks!

Completely wrong, and most definitely not what they where looking for, but you will get full marks for it, providing you made the relavent points. Its basically the same experiemnt as the spring one, except larger. All you had to say was the the stick isn't moving therefore the vector sum of the forces acting on the body is zero, thats one of the principles of that experiemnt and i says that is what 99% of people did, its what i would have done as well if there wasn't an easier question. That bat question was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Shelliestar

i thought it was an..interesting paper, ive done easier and harder.
    when i opened it i thought it was nice, then half way through i thought i was doing ****, but then near the end i started doing much better. Id say B2-A2, somewhere in there

oh and for the wave motion of sound, i put a tuning fork against a ripple tank, it produced ripples in the water etc
    basically i made it up
    couldnt find it in the book, id say theyll take a whole bunch of answers. theyre kinda desperate to get people to do phyics so they mark them fair, and not mean like in some other subjects

anyways im finished all my exams, woohoo, im headin into town
    good luck to the rest of yous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

dat was v v nice!
    maths in it was so easy, and i got away with barely doing mechanics or electirity!

ITS OOOOOOOOVER!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

how fast was the bat travelling??????

Q7 i think

• Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I did the conservation of momentum experiment (m1v1 + m2v2 = (m1+m2)v3) for the Vectors experiment.

The paper was pretty good. Section A was a walk in the park, as were the short questions and Q12. Hopefully between my vectors, sound and Q11, I'm looking at a B2-A2.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    dat was v v nice!
    maths in it was so easy, and i got away with barely doing mechanics or electirity!

ITS OOOOOOOOVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I didnt do any mechanics and ony the simplest bit of electricty. The maths in the Cathode ray tube question was hard enough, they threw in afew tricks i'd seen befove, like puttign the magnetic force equal to centripedal force to work out the radius, and using the potential differnece definition to work out kinetic energy and then work out velocity. also if you amde a mistake you where ****ed for the whole what ever, 45 marks. Much easier options there.

teh bat was doing 10meter a sec, but i know some people got 9 come how

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

So, who's up for some post LC sex0ring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Zachary Taylor

I thought it was a pretty easy paper on balance. I hate physics and I really don't need it for points so I had left out the stuff I really couldn't stand like circular motion which cut down my options a bit. My only major problem is that Q11, which I usually like, was a bit chemistryish for my liking, and I had no idea how to use the periodic tables, but I'd say I got a good B, an A if im really lucky but I doubt it.

The bat thing was just c=f(lamda) I think. I can't remember what answer I got.

Anyway, I never have to do physics again!

Originally posted by Zachary Taylor
    The bat thing was just c=f(lamda) I think. I can't remember what answer I got.

that was the speed of the radar wave, the next question was to find the distance, then you where asked the speed of the bat. nicely done to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Bottle_of_Smoke
    how fast was the bat travelling??????

I got 9.71 m/s. I don't know if i got it right, I took 70khz as the observed frequency and done the equation for observed frequency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I got the same answer, doing it the same way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 paniniter

you're all such big physics nerds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

I thought it was an easy paper, compared to last years. This would be borne out by the fact that I managed to squeeze out an extra two questions in Section B, despite spending an hour and a half on Section A.

Unfortunately, I am getting worried that they are going to go postal on everyone with the marking scheme in response to the positive reaction. It may be overestimating the depths of evil in those civil servants minds, but it's still worrying me.

I think we should all mail off some letters bitching about the exam, just so that they don't think it is that easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

Yeah, I got 9.71 too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

christ! what a paper to end the whole leaving cert on... i done terribly bad in that paper! pathethic!

my maths was terrible, i was looking far too deep into the questions and just got lost... i never would have excepted it to be so blatently easy therefore i was defeating myself even before i got to start every question and jumbled every piece of data up until it didnt make sence

i don't know what i done exactly in that exam, but i know i done bad.. just about scraped a pass i'd say, pathethic
    my own fault, i'm pretty annoyed with myself after that display..

having said that, my leaving cert is over and after having done a surprisingly little amount of work, i seemed to have gotten throught it with reasonable good grades, although nothing to be proud of

iahh feck, let it be said, i'm pissed.. what in god's name have i spent the last 5mins writing about?

Originally posted by Scrappy]-[Nick
    christ! what a paper to end the whole leaving cert on... i done terribly bad in that paper! pathethic!

my maths was terrible, i was looking far too deep into the questions and just got lost... i never would have excepted it to be so blatently easy therefore i was defeating myself even before i got to start every question and jumbled every piece of data up until it didnt make sence

i don't know what i done exactly in that exam, but i know i done bad.. just about scraped a pass i'd say, pathethic
    my own fault, i'm pretty annoyed with myself after that display..

having said that, my leaving cert is over and after having done a surprisingly little amount of work, i seemed to have gotten throught it with reasonable good grades, although nothing to be proud of

iahh feck, let it be said, i'm pissed.. what in god's name have i spent the last 5mins writing about?

probably would have done better sleeping the night before instead of tryign to study the whole course. let that be a leasson to you.

Also The bat thing, i got 10 perfectly, but i used i slightly different forumla then is in the book(big stupid book) If didn't say leave your answer to one place of decimals so i'll still get full marks if its 9.7.

Originally posted by qwertyup
    I thought it was an easy paper, compared to last years. This would be borne out by the fact that I managed to squeeze out an extra two questions in Section B, despite spending an hour and a half on Section A.

Unfortunately, I am getting worried that they are going to go postal on everyone with the marking scheme in response to the positive reaction. It may be overestimating the depths of evil in those civil servants minds, but it's still worrying me.

I think we should all mail off some letters bitching about the exam, just so that they don't think it is that easy.

Don't worry, there will be people up and down the country who falled it, like the repeat students i was sitting it with. Seriosuly what were girls thinking when they decided to do physics :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Boston
    Seriosuly what were girls thinking when they decided to do physics :rolleyes:

1. I'm a girl
    2. I got 9.71, like the rest of the world, so obviously you got that question wrong.
    3. I thought all the maths in it were p!ss easy, like the rest of the girls in my class.
    4. I'm going to get a higher grade than you.
    5. Seriously what were ignorant boys thinking when they decided to do physics :rolleyes:

1. I'm a girl
    2. I got 9.71, like the rest of the world, so obviously you got that question wrong.
    3. I thought all the maths in it were p!ss easy, like the rest of the girls in my class.
    4. I'm going to get a higher grade than you.
    5. Seriously what were ignorant boys thinking when they decided to do physics :rolleyes:

Bit arrogant arn't you! the rest of the world didn't sit the physics exam love,

3) you didn't do all the questions and you yourself said you avoided the elctricity question where the more difficult maths where (the CRT mates ahd afew tricks but wasn't that hard once you copped it)

4) Yea well i'm pretty'er then you :p

5)I Decided to do physics for all the hot physics chicks :rolleyes:

yeah, i hate it when stupid people try to be funny :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

yeah, i hate it when stupid people try to be funny :rolleyes:

Are you coming on to me? You know what the funny thing is, even if you do get more points then me, get a better degree then me, get a nicer job then me, you will still earn less then me for working longer hours and harder, just cause i'm a male and your not. Think about that one for awhile.

yeah, i hate it when weman don't know their place :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

probably would have done better sleeping the night before instead of tryign to study the whole course. let that be a leasson to you.

Im sure thats what he needs to hear right now, a lesson from the wise and holy Boston.
    For crying out loud, don't be so bloody mean!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

It'll be alright on the night!

.. Leaving Cert Night that is.... you'll be too drunk to care :)

Originally posted by PHB
    Im sure thats what he needs to hear right now, a lesson from the wise and holy Boston.
    For crying out loud, don't be so bloody mean!

I wasn't been mean, its constructive criticism. At the end of the days what points you get don't matter, once you get your course.
    I've done what he did so many times in the past untill i learnt to relx and take a back seat. Studying till two in the morning the night before the exam is not going to do you any good, you better off saying, i know this stuff i've been doing this stuff for three years and gettign a good nights kep, you would be amzed what yo uremember on the day, that way.

Any msitake you learn from isn't really a mistake, and isn't that was the leavign is meant to be, a learnign experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

I really dont tink the leaving cert is supposed to be a learning experience. Thats what they want you to think.

Anyway.. sweet jesus.. let it go, Physics is over. I've got chem in a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I wasn't been mean, its constructive criticism.
    Its not exactly constructive unless he sits his Lc again now is it?

And college exams dont count :p

Originally posted by Sangre
    Its not exactly constructive unless he sits his Lc again now is it?

And college exams dont count :p
    so hes never going to sit an exam again?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Maybe, maybe not.

But ask yourself this....Am I a tosser?

The answer to that you cant learn from any 'books'

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You're generalising from self.
    I've done many night before jobs not getting to bed till 2 and I've gotten an A so I don't think its particuarly true.

However if you want to "help" someone, there is a time and a place from it.

If you see someone run crying out of the exam, and they say that they didnt study something running a risk, and it didnt come up, and now they've failed.
    You think thats the right time to say "Well I hope you've learnt your lesson?"

If so, perhaps you shouldnt talk to people until well after the leaving is over

• Advertisement

i hate it when weman don't know their place :rolleyes:

can we all just agree he's a muppet?

Advertisement