Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Either that or hes a troller....

troll.jpg

Id go with troller...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭pseudonym

we could hold a poll on that.

Muppet, troller or ****er

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 dosser

hmmmmm.... okay, i think he's all three.

Okay, this might sound dumb but... doesn't anyone think it's strange that the air resistance *just happened* to be the same as his attraction towards the earth? I mean why didn't it start to slow him down? There is something hindering it isn't there? Let's say there was no gravity, the air resistance would slow him down then wouldn't it? And it's weird because I know they do reach this 'terminal velocity' from applied maths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by ella minnow pea
    can we all just agree he's a muppet?

I'm not a muppet sweet cakes, but i do tend to annoy little stuck up barbie girls he think picking fights on the intraweb makes them a feminist.

PHB, well that clearly didn't work for him, sorry if i'm being abite up front here but i don't believe in pretending. the guy clearly would have done better with a nights sleep then craming. It works for some people no doubt but not others. I know theres a time an a palce and i told him this at the right time and the right palce in the other thread, he didn't listen, and i said fair enough if your going to do this, heres what to focus on. also i don't follow your example, they didn't study something and it didn't come up? where the problem? if you mean what would i say if it did come up, well i'd point and laugh. As i did at all the honors irish students hes asswhole teacher didn't cover half the poetry.

Sangre, I'm am not a troll, I made a joke, and barbie girl got mad, what can i say. If someone gets abusive with me, i'm going to get abusive right back.

dosser and pseudonym, talk to me when your here longer then five minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

Originally posted by dosser
    Okay, this might sound dumb but... doesn't anyone think it's strange that the air resistance *just happened* to be the same as his attraction towards the earth? I mean why didn't it start to slow him down?
    it doesnt "just happen", it gradually happens, he reaches a point where the air resistance happens to equal his weight, and at that moment the two forces cancel each other out therefore there are no forces acting on him. but by newtons 2nd law, he is moving and so will continue to move....hence terminal velocity....
    Or else its summat to do with a film with Keanu Reeves.

But hay, what would i know..
    I'm a Barbie Girl,
    in a barbie world,
    life in plastic,
    It's fantastic...

• Advertisement

Looking for a ken ww)

All my joints are movable....if you get my drift :cool:

lol boston, yev given me the few laughs I need :) "sweet cakes" lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

rofl!

Is that a yes....

We can use the new Barbie hot tubtm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

just worked out my result.. and it's not actually as bad as i had thought.. i ended up with about 50% which would work out to be around 55 points.. not exactly a B but..
    i think i got every singly maths question wrong which is were i lost those marks, with a few other mistakes here and there
    was it a difficult paper as far as this course is concerned? will it be marked easier than other years?

• Advertisement

As far as material goes, no it wasn't a hard question.

As far as the maths goes, I cant really tell what the standard is for most people who dont do honours Mathes, they're just garanteed marks for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Scrappy]-[Nick
    just worked out my result.. and it's not actually as bad as i had thought.. i ended up with about 50% which would work out to be around 55 points.. not exactly a B but..
    i think i got every singly maths question wrong which is were i lost those marks, with a few other mistakes here and there
    was it a difficult paper as far as this course is concerned? will it be marked easier than other years?

Depending on the choice of questions you could have done allot or a little. Usually small errors losse one mark, big errors 3 marks.
    You get most marks for getting the right formula

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

in q7 they asked us what distinguished longitudinal and transverse waves, think they wanted anything other than the word "polarisation"

Advertisement