Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to associate netsource domain with IP

Options
  • 16-06-2003 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

HI,

This maybe a stupid question but i have my static ip address from netsource and my registered domain but how do i marry the two together.

I.E. when i put in the IP address in the browser it comes with my webpage but when i put the domain name it does not, what am i doing wrong?

Also if i setup my own mail server with my @mydomain.com can i in theory setup as many email address as possible or do netource have to open up the port?

Tks,

Dwayne.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

You'll have to get them to add an A record for the domain, unless they have some sort of control panel that lets you do that yourself.

Regarding the mailserver, the answer is yes, you'll also have to get them to add the A/MX records to point to your mailserver.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

just ask them to point the Http Dns records for your domain to point to your Dsl static IP address. They do this for free but if you want them to point the email dns records (mx), they charge you I think about 35euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

I thought that €35 was only if they hosted the email server for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

They seem to have you from every angle!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,401 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by JohnK
    I thought that €35 was only if they hosted the email server for you?

hmm, they told me it would cost 35 to change the primary mx record, plus they would setup a backup smtp server incase my dsl or server went down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

e35 extra per month?
    You could use the static ip address with namezero.com
    Aprox 10 dollars per year for a doamin name and mail mx record.

“Roll it back”

Advertisement