Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barr's Irn Bru (Iron Brew)

• 16-06-2003 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Does anyone like that crazy drink Irn Bru,

its the scottish lucozade. Some people think its vile, me I drink it like water.

very tough to get in the shops though !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Mmm.. I loves it I does.. Although it stains everything orange if you spill it.. just a warning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Nemici

i also found out that ants love it, I spilled a bit out my back garden and a colony of ants marched to the spill and drank it dry.

(now they are a race of Orange super ants)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭Señor Juárez

went into Lidl shopping for phood once. once you get over the smell of travellers its not THAT bad (sic).

neway, they have imitation irn bru (spelt Iron Brew). tastes identical to teh real thing, something like 50c a 2 litre bottle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Irn Bru rocks. Made in Scotland - from GURDURS! Used to drink it all the time in Glasgow, it can be had around Dublin though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Irn Bru is the business :D

That "iron Brew" stuff is easily told apart. It's a total el-cheapo knock-off, like those little 26p bottles of Coca-cola used to be when we were kids

• Advertisement

well if it tastes identical, why would it matter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

i think its rank on its own, good with vodka though

with vodka? urghh... actually now that i think of it, that could be quite funky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Originally posted by marclar
    with vodka? urghh... actually now that i think of it, that could be quite funky

wHAT DO YOU THINK wkd IS?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I love it.... as do most Scottish ppl I've met... They told me something about the health risks associated with the colouring in it... ah well... :D

• Advertisement

health issues? do tell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

Hrm... I think they said something about the colouring not being approved in any other European country... :D

except in scotland? or the UK as a whole?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Yeah , As far as I know both contain Quinoline Yellow which makes Kiddies and us adults too ( thanks be to got ) Hyper-active .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I love the stuff :D

The only place I can every get it though is the Centra [think that's the name of the shop] beside the Abberley Court [Tallaght]!!

The stuff from Lidl is too sugary/sticky for my liking!!

The proper Irn Bru is a sharper & tastier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

i remember irn bru in its soda stream from, manky as far as i was concerened, but my brother loved it and still does!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

i think its fairly nasty now!! Its way too sweet!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Used to drink this stuff in Glasgow from the ice cream man when I was a kid. Then they had it out over here years later, and it tastes completely different to what I remember. Don't know if they changed the flavourings, but I preferred it when I was a wee boy!

Advertisement