Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Earth by Mindscape

Options
  • 16-06-2003 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

I recently bought this game and installed it and all that stuff but when I go to play it i get the following error message

V40_GL Error

[OpenGL]

OpenGL 1.1 or higher required

Now I know I have openGL on my machine because I downloaded it and installed it three times

anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem.

The manufacturers are sending me canned emails when i write to them which are no help whatsoever

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

hmm, no-one has 'downloaded and installed opengl' in years, not consumers anyway. :) This sort of thing is covered by the graphics card drivers.

Assuming you have a fairly modern card capable of 3D graphics (basically any Nvidia, ATI, Matrox etc card purchased in the last 3+ years) then find out what your card is and download the latest drivers for it from the vendor's website.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

here is the sound and video card info on my pc it is less than 4 months old

Model: SiS 650_651_M650_740
    Driver: sisgrp.sys
    08 January 2003
    Supported

And I seem to have two sound cards

Manufacturer: Avance
    Model: Avance AC97 Audio
    Driver: alcxwdm.sys
    08 January 2003
    Supported

Manufacturer: Microsoft
    Model: Unimodem Full-Duplex Audio Device
    Driver: modemcsa.sys
    08 January 2003
    Supported

Should I have 2 sound cards and could one be interfiering with the other in some way

What I might do is run a search for these and yes you are right OpenGL was already in windows xp according to the openGL website http://www.opengl.org but I downloaded it again from them in case my version was out of date or something

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

What operating system are you using? Have you actually tried getting the latest drivers for the graphics card (download.sis.com)? Or if it's branded pc, the manufacturers website?

The second card is merely the voice out driver on your modem and it's perfectly normal to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

WinXP home service pack 1 is my operating system

i will have a look at the sis website

thanks

Advertisement