Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-standard board HTML?

• 16-06-2003 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

All those popup menus for selecting the different forums crash together in the centre of the screen under OS X and Safari. Is it because they are some weird non-standard java or html thing? It's not very nice in any case. Could it be fixed?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Yeah, we know about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Great! Now that Microsoft's announced that they won't be supporting Explorer on Mac OS X any longer, do you think that you could whip the Boards software into shape so that those of us not using that particular software could navigate the boards more easily? :D

Weirdly, Boards doesn't appear to display on OmniWeb at all.

If it really want to use the menu but not IE on OS X then try out mozilla. You'll have to be patient wrt a fix.

Would it help if I said "please"? :)

I'm sticking with Safari and OmniWeb because they have excellent Unicode support. (I have already said my piece to Admin about UTF-8 support on the Boards.)

It won't help particularly if you say please, I'm trying to sort this anyway and hopefully will make some inroads on it this week, but it isn't exactly a simple fix (actually, nobody has been able to help me in actually figuring out what the cause of the problem, so I'm testing an alternative option). I use a Mac myself. See the thread on the Macintosh forum about "speed issues".

• Advertisement

Still, please is polite.

There's always the chance that Safari is misbehaving, I suppose.

The popdown menus (at the top of the screne, below the User CP and other buttons) work under Safari 1.1.1 for the Minimalist style, but they still don't work for the Cloud style. However, they do work under Safari 1.2 beta.

The menu updates were only applied to the minimalist skin because of some issues that the upgrade caused with Mozilla iirc.

I guess the updates might be generally useful, then. They seem to fix a bug. ;)

But I'd rather have UTF-8.

Advertisement