Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick Q about caps

Options
  • 16-06-2003 7:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

BB products in Ireland all seem to have a 3 or 4 gig monthly cap. I was just wondering if I might hit that limit just by surfing around and playing online games but not downloading many big files. I plan to use BB for ps2 gaming a lot - would the constant stream of data coming for maybe a few hours a day be a problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I'm really worried about the Eircom cap :\ I can thing of plenty of legal downloads that could easily push me over the cap in no time.

I'm sure if it was just ps2 gaming, then you'd be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Detonated Sauce

Yes you would definately be fine for PS2 gaming

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by MasterOfSolos
    I can thing of plenty of legal downloads that could easily push me over the cap in no time.

Such as?

You will be fine for gaming and browsing.

I would guess things such as game demos or maybe that half life 2 trailer (600megs) halo 2 trailer is 160 megs, rtcw enemy territory 250ish megs, 20 days of moderate half life gaming 1 gig ish, thats 2 gigs total anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

a once of 250 meg d/l wouldnt be a biggy

• Advertisement

But it is still big enough to push you over your cap if your not careful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

thats only half your cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

Has anyone got charged yet for going over the cap with eircom. Or are ye still getting away.

Advertisement