Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So like is there any Irish playing Ultima Online?

Options
  • 03-12-1998 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Haven't seen any. This game has to be the most addictive thing I've played yet. Haven't touched Q2 since (well not in the playing online sense).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Von

A mate of mine plays it. He's a miner!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

What's the lag like? Well playable?

Dan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

$9 a month here. Don't know about Ireland, but knowing them it's proberly £9 a month. The first month is free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, I play it loads at the moment. If you fancy meeting up some time give us a shout and tell us your shard.

Anyone here got second age yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yep, I play it loads at the moment. If you fancy meeting up some time give us a shout and tell us your shard.

Anyone here got second age yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Kaile

Whats is like lagwise?
    what modem you use and stuff
    (never played it...always wondered about it)

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Alan

I played the beta test for a bit. Lag was
    bad some of the time but when it wasn't - had some great fun running away from monsters etc. Oh BTW whoever you were cheers for the pink armour ;) (was in INC at the time)

Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I hang out on the Pacific Shard, characters name is Sii and while I travel about a bit The bank of Britan is my main haunt (more often then not you'll find me there).

I have the Second age... It's like a wilderness there, and not a place you would travel on your own. I've been there twice. The first time I got completly lost and had some serious monsters chasing me. The second time I almost kicked the bucket within two minutes (not a land where it's wise to die in the wilderness). On the other hand the level of PK'ing is a lot lower and not really a place where a thief can apply his trade (least not yet).

As for lag. The second age I believe is miles better then the BETA. I very rarely experience lag, normally depends on the time of day and/or how many people are online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Dupre

How much exactly does it cost (not the initial price, but lets say monthly ?).
    You have to pay a rate for use of the servers or something, as well as the ISP bill, phone bill, don't you ? Sounds very expensive ...

Advertisement