Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

story board

• 08-07-2000 12:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭

remember wyverne proposed that idea ages ago - that could breath new life into After Hours (even though its doing fine at the moment)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ThunderingMike

Story board?

So the pope puts down the Badger and leans over to me and says , 'At TFC my son , I 0wnz j00'. Before I could speak in walks Dustin Hoffman in a giant Silk Worm costume and just then...it started to get weird...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Wyverne

well then here it goes lads........

John came around, raised his head groggily, it was aching him as bad as the time his mother hit him with the baseball bat for not showing up to school for a week and not telling anyone; he smiled wrily at the memory and again mourned her death. For the moment though he feared himself to be in slightly more serious trouble than on that particular occasion,

He attempted to sit up, and collided with some kind of an obstacle, belatedly he began to notice a distictly familiar smell in the air, one he couldnt quite place but it cetainly made him fell uneasy. he tried to sit up again, but the object remained immovable, the darkness and the damp smell were starting to irritate him more and more, fear was setting in, it was..... DAMN......... what was that smell...... he rolled to his side and again came up against an obstacle, his heart jumped and now proceeded to race, he tried to move his feet but encountered the same problem, he was boxed in?

The brain finally caught up and in one swift moment of agonisingly claustrophobic confusion he realised exactly where he was,

"no" he whispered, barely loud enough to hear himself, unable to believe, not willing to believe where he might; where he must be.....

we won i tell u, we won,

"Nooooooooooooooooooooo" he screamed again, he kicked the boarders of his confinment until his legs could no longer kick, he beat against the top until his hands bled, finally exhaustion overtook him and he collapsed back......"no... this cannot be"

"I will not succumb,... I will NOT

he waited, maybe half expecting an answer, hoping, even praying that somehow this was not happening........ greeted with nothing but silence he broke down, nerves shot, worn out, tired and hungry, what more could he give except his life................ In one final moment of defiance, John reached into his back pocket, retrieved his penknife and pressed it to his wrist.....

******************************************************************************************

Stay tuned for chapter Two

[This message has been edited by Wyverne (edited 08-07-2000).]

Thoughts and comments are more than welcome of course

Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

You can't leave us hanging like this wyv...
    !!!chapter two chapter two chapter two!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

hehe, nice one wyv - you're a real writer smile.gif
    hurry up with chapter 2 please (he doesn't kill himself does he?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Isn't the general idea that someone else adds the next chapter, - then someone else, etc. etc. ad infinitum (or ad nauseum even..!) ?

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

only if the author is doing a really bad job smile.gif

and even if i am doing a really bad job, its called expressive licence, hehe, just for us writers smile.gif

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea..... SSuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

k, chapter 2:

Then the world ended.

The End.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifeek.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

If you want stories try something like www.interfiction.com This particular site is crap but it's the right sort of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Meself and Kharn have been werkin on a site for budding literary talent...

It'll prolly be ready in about 2 weeks maybe a little more....

If you have any Stories/ Novels/ Scripts /Poetry please for the time being email them to:
    Submit@newauthorsonline.com

Kharn is werkin on a l33t php script to do all the hard werk but it wont be ready for a while so pls E-Mail anything that you have..

Wyverne I'll especially cut your testicles off and wrap them round your broken leg if there isnt a load of **** E-Mailed from you..
    wink.gif

N

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Incidentally I'll post here on the Afterhours boards the second the site is up and running
    cool.gif

Also if any1 is interested in having a column on the site please feel free to submit something. There will probably be about three more columns up for grabs.

N

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 13-07-2000).]

Advertisement