Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SOCOM and the Headset

Options
  • 16-06-2003 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played SOCOM Navy Seals on the PS2 yet? If so, I'm just wondering if you're meant to hear your team through the heasdet. While playing my game there is a muffled noise coming through so I just want to hear other people's comments on it.

Thanx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭redneck

sorry i no its off the point, but does anyone no the full retail price of the game with the headset?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

60-70 euros i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

€74.99 in GAME anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Yes the girl at your base talks to you through the headset, make sure the USB cable is plugged in properly because sometimes she tells you important stuff.

Really good game by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

its 75 euro in gamesworld and to be honest i wouldnt pay it, way to much just for the headset

shin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

my brother bought this game and although a nice feature the headset is only a novelty. the game isn't all that good IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It seems to be an excuse to prove that including USB ports in a console wasn't a waste of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Is there a network device in the package also or is it just the headset?

Biggisg box on GAME shelves wondered what was in it.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

there is only the game and the headset in the box

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

In my job we sell games.
    We sell alot of games.
    alot of games at high and stupid prices.

anyway, socom comes with the game and headset, but no network adaptor. this will probably be available alone in the coming months as a perhipheral. however, twisted metal: black online does come with a network adaptor as it is a network only game. It was released on the same day as SOCOM, but i dont think anywhere is bothering to sell it, due to similar problems had with XBOX LIVE. in the UK, the sony network should be up and running now or very very soon, however, we've been told to expect it here sometime between Nov and Jan, so I suspect Christmas.... how well timed.
    I think sony are trying to set up a server for Ireland, and i also heard that it will be broadband only in europe, but that may be wrong.

on a slightly different note, i hear xbox live is getting an irish re-release some time soon, as microsoft are setting up an irish server too, rather than Irish customers having to use the UK one, thus slowing things down. Also, Broadband is getting better so there will be more demand for it.

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by flogen
    ... i also heard that it will be broadband only in europe, but that may be wrong...

From what i've been informed and ive found lout a lot about this is that it will only be Broadband in europe. Sony had a dial-up/56k adaptor out in the states but they say that because of the 56k'ers its hogging the network and making it worse. This is why theres gonna be no dial-up/56k adaptor out in Europe. :(

Advertisement