Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corrupt DivXs

• 16-06-2003 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭

A few of the DivXs I've downloaded (mmm...netsource!) have been full of errors, often continuing to play the audio track while sticking on one frame of video. Others are just full of blocky gibberish in parts.

Check out "About Schmidt" or "The Living Daylights" on kazaalite (v. early on in both flicks) to see what I'm talking about.

Does there exist a program which tries to rectify the corrupt data so the video doesn't stick?

Cheers

RC

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Are you sure you have the propper codecs?
    get nimo's codec pack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

yes Nimo and if its still all **** delete it again,#
    dont ask me but thats what i had to do now everything is perfect...
    Also your downloadin off kazaalite jesus you dont know what your d/lin

just my 2p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

hmm - before this gets locked / recycled...

there is a program called divFix which tries to re-index bad files. It has never helped me, but you might as well give it a try.

http://www.fasttrackmovies has links to verified signature files, which are less likely to have garbage frames in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Tripkipke

Nimo codec pack is ****, get k-lite codec pack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Get a little program called gspot codec. That'll suss which codec you need. I had a similar problem, xvid is a newer codec you may be missing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

I've had this problem before with DivXs. I just forwarded the trackbar slightly (or the film scroll bar if you prefer) and all seemed well again. Doesn't mean it never happened again but at least you can get on with watching the film.
    And ditch Kazaa, discover Direct Connect!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

There are numerous programs, such as Divfixjoiner, AVIrepair, Divxrepair, Divfix and AVIdefreeze that you can try.
    Problems are caused by one or more frames being corrupt, sometimes causing the video to stop while the sound keeps going, other times just crashing the whole thing.
    I can't remember which one was best but one of those programs was a real miracle worker. It scans the file for errors and if it finds any corrupt frames it removes them from the index so the player doesn't try to play them anymore.
    All of the above are either free or free for 20-30 days.

Advertisement