Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Style Counts wrong?

Options
  • 17-06-2003 12:57am
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ok, I see in the drop down you can change your style, it also gives the ammount of users using that style
    Default 1022
    Cloud 877
    LOTR 148
    Smallville 147
    Star Wars 104
    Simpsons 222
    Minimalist 135

This totals to 2655
    So whats the rest using?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

The rest of them have no style set. They'll get a mixture of the styles depending on what forum they're in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

No style set would be the default then yea?
    So why isn't that higher?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

The real question is why would anyone use that horrible looking cloud one?

Sloth as insightful as ever.

Lenny, it doesn't quite work like that, 'Default' is the name of a style that is the default style. But if you don't have a style then you're ... actually, I'm repeating myself here.

If you don't have a style set then you don't have a style set, so you will usually get the 'Default' style, but if you were on certain forums that have custom styles of their own (LOTR, star wars etc all correspond to styles) then you'll get that style when you browse that forum.

(sometimes that won't matter, as the style can be set to override all the time).

Is there a super secret simpsons forum that I'm missing or is it just an optional style because I mean Smallville, Star Wars and LOTR all have one?

• Advertisement

You get access to the Simpsons forum along with the Default forum and the Cloud forum after you have 1000 posts.

Oh right, any reason in particular you need 1000 posts to view it?

To encourage 6+ posts per day spammage.

Hmm well theres worse out there than me, I used to be 20 a day. I feel like I've grown and matured now though. Kinda.
    Anyways what is the Cloud forum?

It's a bit of an in-joke.

• Advertisement

Ah well at this rate I should find out in September some time. I look forward to being enlightened.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

lol @ ecksor

I assume that anyone without a style set, gets one assigned to them, but isn't actually included in the count of users who use the style. For example, I just logged in one day last year, found that my style had been changed to the cloud one, realised there was more than one style, had a look at others, but then settled on the Cloud one. So now I'm included in the count, cos I specifically requested my style be set to Cloud.

/me takes a breath

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Thanks for clearing that up ecksor(I'm a bit slow :o)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭TomTom

I think the minimalist one rocks.

I presume you are joking about a simpsons, default and cloud forum?

Really? I feel tricked. :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ecksor... put the noob's brain back in his head and stop playing with it...

DeV.

Harsh but fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

Originally posted by ecksor
    To encourage 6+ posts per day spammage.
    Hate to. But have to laugh. Rofl.

Whats a suitable post per day count then? and don't say 0. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

-1 LOL HEHE

• Advertisement

Lets not get silly.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

6 a day is perfectly acceptible, tbh... the content is another thing entirely (not yours Sloth, I mean in general).

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

Originally posted by DeVore
    the content is another thing entirely

DeV.

That's why I suggested the vocab counter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Someone with a decent vocabulary wont automatically have anything more interesting to contribute then someone who keeps it simple.

P.S. That was classic eskor.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flav0rflav

pull my figner

Wouldn't a vocab counter just cause people to spam Newsnight-review style posts of big words with little meaning in a vain attempt to get their vocab counter up? I right now could go on for a 10 page spiel about society's lack of art appreciation if we had vocab counters and then I'd be king vocab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

Wouldn't a vocab counter just cause people to spam Newsnight-review style posts of big words with little meaning in a vain attempt to get their vocab counter up?

You've met Mr.Dictionary then?

Advertisement