Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK v Clan 9

Options
  • 05-12-1998 6:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Its going to happen early next year in London apparently. The UK team is Cenobite, Sujoy, Hakeem and Timber. Anyone wondering why an Irish team won't be taking on the UK might consider that the UK players have quality low ping connections and servers to practice on while we don't.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just out of interest, how many of the players that would be on an Irish team live around Dublin? It can't be that hard to organise small, regular lan practise sessions in ppl's houses.

It seems either ppl go for huge big drinking/gaming sessions of 20 or more, or don't do anything. It really isn't that difficult to get 8 machines together in one house for *practice* sessions - I do it at least once a month with members of my clan and other friends.

I reckon if you guys can bring your machines together once a month or so, and really work on team play and configs while playing on a lan and sitting next to each other the team would really get it together.

I mean we really *do* have excellent players, it's the nature of everyone's connections that's holding us back - Clan 9 mostly live near each other and have access to a lan whenever they like, that's a serious advantage over how we in Ireland play.

Anyways, it's just a suggestion - get a small core of the best players, who have access to machines that they can bring to someone's gaff without hassle, and the commitment to doing it as often as possible.

Teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

so.. Anyone living in Dublin whose gaff is suitable for 8 computers over 2 rooms and doesnt mind giving it to us every weekend or so want to contact us? :)

Advertisement