Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake probs with ISDN.. HELP !!!!!!!!

Options
  • 06-12-1998 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭

Yea i have a problem with my ISDN line and Quake.
    Whenever i connect to a server the ping hikes up to 999 and pl goes up to around 40 as well. The dissed sign appears and it just freezes. I have chenged rate and cl_maxfps settings to no avail. When i ping the server i get aresponse of 80 to 100, norm for isdn in Naas :( I am using a trust communicator TA on Tinet. Any advice. Pleseese
    I have also run qw on another machine and connect via a proxy on the isdn machine to no avail.

Any advice cheerfully recieved !!!!
    Gav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭Vexorg

Hiya Verb,

Ive got no real idea what your problem is but...

Can you surf the net at 64k and get good downloads say 7.5K+, if you it could be that the Naas pop has a really crap frame relay set up, most of the non dublin pops are dreadful.

Try dialing Dublin direct not the 18** number but the old 01 number, im sure someone still has it. If that dont help try complaining bitterly to telecom.. but i dont know if i cant play quake on my isdn will wash with them!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

01 4026500
    is the old number i think, give it a try neway
    that 1891 ****e!! :)

Advertisement