Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shut Down Query

Options
  • 17-06-2003 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

why when shutting down my pc does it not do it automatically,
    it used to at first when i had win98, then when i formatted and reninstsalled 98 it didnt anymore, now that i have 2000 it doesnt either,
    i tried changing the bios setting but it didnt work, so i dunno what the story is, the fact that it used to do it confuses me..............??????????????????????

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Which Brand of PC / Which Motherboard - and have you loaded all the specific drivers correctly for it ?

Has W2K been patched to SP3 at least ?

Windows 98 which version - SE perhaps ??

the answer / utils may be here ?http://members.aol.com/axcel216/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭blahblah

most likely i havent re installed drivers for the motherboard since the first time, makes the most sense,
    ill have to look into it,

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Did you check APM,

Go to --> control panel --> power options and click on the APM Tab. Check the box to enable power management.

That should do the trick

Advertisement