Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the CD-ROM always assigned the D Drive?

• 17-06-2003 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 252 ✭✭

Is the CD-ROM always assigned the D Drive?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

It depends what order your drives were installed in, what way your hard drive(s) are partitioned etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

nope it's not. as milltown said it's in the order in which your drives are installed. you can actually set the letter you want for your cd rom drive dvd rom etc... my cdwriter drive is q: and my dvd drive is r:.
    to set the drive go to the system properties -> device manager -> cd rom -> click the drive you want -> click properties -> settings -> then go to reserved drive letters, and start and end with the drive letter you want your cd rom to be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

if you're using xp:

go into the control panel, administritive tools, computer managment, disk managment.
    right click on the drive you want to change & choose 'change drive letter & paths'
    took me feckin ages to find that when i first got xp:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 McGyver

if you are using Linux the CD drive is :

/dev/cdrom

:D

Advertisement