Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How the world sees America

Options
  • 17-06-2003 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

What The World Thinks of America will be shown on Tuesday 17 June, BBC TWO, 2100 BST (2000 GMT).

(Won't be in to see it. :( )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

That looks cool, I won't be in to see it either unfortunately. I think the article probably has the most important bits in it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thanks for the reminder

Mike.

Was it any good? or did it basically sensationalise what was in the article above. Did anyone get a chance to see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

It was a good show, and nothing like the webpage mentions.

A lot of famous speakers there (and claire short).

I would recommend seeing it.

Any idea if it will be re-shown? Will watch out for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

did anyone find it strange that South Korea thought America was more dangerous than North Korea?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think South Korea is more p!ssed off about the two girls being run over, which would effect thier poll.

Also while a lot of the older folk would remember the NK war, the younger folk wouldn't. All they see is the US military in thier country.

The funny parts I thought were...

1. Claire Short getting caught on camera. Anyone know what she was saying? Looked like she was calling the guy a bastard. She was pretty annoying.

2. The three Americans there were funny as well, and good to show totally different feelings from different Americans. No idea which was liberal/democrat. But one of them said the poll results was intresting, the other said it was Bullsh!t and the last guy said "While these polls may reflect what the public say, people in power (government) don't have to do what the people want" (sic). I cracked up laughing when he said that, and you could see when he was asked to repeat it he knew he put his foot in it.

3. The Brazillian guy was funny with his switching cameras. He also rambled on at one stage about magical fantasy worlds. I got the impression he was saying the people in Brazil who voted negatively were delusional.

It was intresting to see that Canada actually don't have high feelings towards the US (I think the French faired better).

Advertisement