Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norton AV 2003 std problem

Options
  • 17-06-2003 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭

I installed this on a win2000 PC and it worked fine, however I think the clock was a year behind when I installed it.

When I put the machine up on the server the clock synchronised and NAV decided that it was out of date (subscription expired). I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no joy.

I have trawled the registry for any reg keys relating ot NAV and removed them. then reinstalled, still no joy.

I *could* install a new product but then I'm left with three "used" products (this happened on three PCs at the same time). NAV suggest full uninstall and reinstall (which, as I have said I tried) and I have been waiting two weeks for a response from their helpdesk.

Does anyone know where the reg key is buried that leaves the installation stamp on the machine? Or know of any other fix I can do for this. A wipe and reinstall of the PC itself is really a last ditch resort that I would prefer to avoid.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I had the same problem a couple of months ago, I ended up moving to another product. If you find an answer, please do post it here as that problem really pissed me off for a while.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

See if you can find a registry change tracker (Norton Utilities has one in it iirc if you have access to NU - very handy program suite to have if you don't already btw) and install on a fresh machine (uninstall afterward if you want to keep it legal). This might show up any sneaky reg entries that you missed.

Advertisement