Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6610 - opinions?

• 17-06-2003 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya,

I'm thinking of getting shot of my Nokia 7110 brick for a Nokia 6610 .

Anyone here got one, how do they rate them, functionality, quality etc.?

Cheers,
    Damo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Howya

Had one for 2 months now. It is a very nice phone aesthetically.

Pros:
    1. Size, shape, weight
    2. Colour screen is quite sharp, 4096 colours, good with Java games.
    3. MMS, SMS, GPRS, Java, WAP etc.
    4. Speakerphone is a big plus and very good quality.
    5. Love the radio in the morning and evening commute – good FM reception with the supplied headset.
    6. The calendar / organizer are very handy as are extra functions like the alarm clock et al.
    7. Excellent data suite from Nokia allows sync. with organisers and extensive customisation – ring tones, logos, wallpapers etc.
    8. Plenty of free content online

Cons:
    1. 1 person regularly complain that they cannot hear me unless I speak / almost shout may be the phone they’re using but…?
    2. Screen may flicker sometimes but supposedly fixed in a later firmware.
    3. Data cable is expensive and extra so if you do not have IrDa on a laptop to access the data suite you have to fork out another 40-70 yoyos … arse.
    4. Camera is extra and not that great and useless with out a data-cable or IrDa connection.

In fact a free data cable would make this into a superb phone .. without it, it is just a good phone it is my single biggest gripe and I cannae be arsed buying one yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

ive got mine about a month now and cant complain about it, the sound quality is superb, menus are good, plus u get a free radio headset, the only bad thing i could say about it is that u only get about 3 days charge out of it, my 6310i gets a full week.

if you are gettin rid of your 7110 ill give ya a few quid for it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

the only bad thing i could say about it is that u only get about 3 days charge out of it, my 6310i gets a full week
    I've had a 6610 for a couple of months now, and I get at least 5 days out of a charge (fairly regular usage), and sometimes even 6 or 7 days.

Apart from the cons that bringitdown mentioned, I'd also say that the screen is very dark when it isn't lit.

Fantastic phone, though... I love it. All thats missing is a java version of snake 2!

bringitdown: Check eBay for data cables for 6610s. There are loads of people selling 3rd party cables very cheaply. Same with new covers etc.

- Dave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Thanks guys, I might now pick one up!

Advertisement