Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Axa's Traksure device

Options
  • 17-06-2003 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone got that Axa Traksure thing installed in their car or anyone hear anything about it?? Need to get the cost of my insurance down big-time as Im only 20... anyone any idea's??:confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Did you check out that Ignition promotion Hibernian are doing??

It claims to reduce ur insurance by 20% unpon successful completion of some course, have a look and see..

http://www.hibernian.ie

Let us know how you get on.

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

yup have it in my little car,

It drives ya mad at first with the beeping at 30 and 60. Doesn't go by the car speedo but by its own mechanism and it seems to be dependant on your acceleration too, ie sometimes it will beep at 40 according to the speedo if your accelerating fast.

I got reports every month for 3 months and then they just stopped (must ring them when i get around to it, there still taking payments anyway). In that time I have broken the 60mph and some other speed zones but i think your okay aslong as you don't do it constantly someone said 95% of the time.

Just finishing my first year with it. Its a 3 year contract and you will have to pay the regular fee they charge if you cancel it, ie the difference.

Year 1 you have to pay for the installation €1200 and your given 7days to do that after you take out the policy. It seems steep to me especially as there was another insurance group that use the same tracking company and only charged 120ish but that was one for a restricted driving time, like not being allowed to drive between 11pm-7am or somethingl like that.

After year 2 your up to 50% no claims bonus and 70% after year 3 which is the real benefit of the scheme.

I'm not sure anymore about the engine size restricitions but when i got it, i had to have a 1L car, i know people who have it now with bigger cars.

Its meant to record your acceleratoin and breaking too.

As regard the Hibernian thing don't you have to have a full licence for that?

Me, i'm waiting like 7 months now to do my driving test, applied with in like 2weeks of getting my car insured and licence. Was promised money back too if i passed the test too. ****in bastards country. So gonna be waiting at least 8months at this stage to sit the driving test.

Gid.

Advertisement