Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Finally, The 'Perfect' Shave for sensitive types

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 524 ✭✭✭Exar Khun

i shave with a hella big knife !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

i use mach 3 and some gillete stuff but no matter how much i butcher my chin the stubble never goes away :(

and then i have a small 1.5 inch circle under my chin that refuses to grow even little whiskers so no beards for me ever :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 meesha_beesha

I find that using a normal hair conditioner in replace of shaving foam works quite nicely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

I use Aqueous Cream that you can buy in any chemist's shop. Costs around $4 and change for a 500ml tub. This lasts about 6 months for me. Best applied before a shower and then shave after the skin has time to absorb cream and pores open in the steam.
    Used to use Total Shaving Solution but it did aggravate after several months of use.
    Wet shave for me is _much_ better than dry shave and the missus _really_ prefers it too.

Top tip to stop mirrors steaming up: when the mirror is dry, use a bit of soap / shampoo / washing up liquid to mirror. Use a bit of water to spread this across total surface and dry off. This will prevent the water droplets getting too big and make the mirror more usable. Try it on one half of the mirror and see the results ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I kinda got bored of the 'shave me long time' routine after the first few goes, and I'm now down to 5 mins of KoS Kinexium, with Mach3 Turbo, followed by KoS Sensitive after shave cream.

another application of the cream after i get in from work usually keeps the rash to a minimum, if any at all.

I've also discovered that a very slow light touch on the neck area rather than quick firm strokes works much better for me. Almost no pressure on the razor when it's on my neck and let the motion do all the gripping that's needed to keep it close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Benbaz

Originally posted by Jeff_Lebowski
    I find Total Shaving Solution doesn't stink me up at all. (stink me up? - wasn't that a Colour me Badd song?)

Anyway - just in case you didn't know - you're only supposed to use 3 or 4 drops of Total Shaving Solution. If you're lashing it on that's your problem right there.

Oh yeah and in case anyway wants to buy it or try it for free - here's the website.

http://www.totalshave.com

I got my little sample of Total Shaving Solution yesterday and being the sceptic that I am, I used it thinking that I was gonna end up cutting the face off myself, 3 or 4 drops my arse!!! But after using it, I have to say the stuff is brilliant!!! As long as you keep your face wet it works a treat, no rash or little nicks and I didn't even use hot water!!!

My routine usually consisted of, shower with lots of hot water on face then shaving foam, lots of hot water while shaving and then finish with cold water and some type of cream followed more often than not with a red rash. After reading the suggestions by the original poster on this thread I decided to apply cream just before the shaving foam resulting in a marginally better shave. But having used Total Shave, it's your only man!! BTW does anybody know how much it is for a bottle of the stuff?? I'd say it doesn't come cheap!!

Cheers Jeff for the link!!

To anybody that hasn't used it, check out the free sample on the website!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

just signed up for the totalshave trial thing.

I'll let you know how it goes!:D

Advertisement