Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A slinky, a slinky, a wonderful wonderful toy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I currently own a 'latter day' slinky, but it's made out of plastic. It isn't nearly as tactile as the metal original for 'pouring' from one hand to another. I remember that any O.G. slinkies I had 'back in the day' always got buggered up by some plonker stretching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

remember when the plastic ones were called "ondemania". god, what a crap name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

never had a metal slinky, only the plastic ones. God they were crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I have 2 plastic ones. One is multi-coloured and works well down the stairs. The other one is slightly smaller and is a bit too small to make it from step to step and can only manage about 3 steps before stopping...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I always wanted to see one which could go the whole way down the stairs, the many Ive had never made it down :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah I had one of those "only manage 3 steps" ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Like Oz, I've a latter-day plastic one. I can remember getting my first metal slinky in Clery's before Christmas in 1980 though - much better

Advertisement