Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

StarCraft Tips & Strategy

• 17-06-2003 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Since seem to be so many StarCraft Guru's here,
    Thought you may want to exchange tips/strategy's :)

One I heard of which works quite well :

Build your base defence around enemies base :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

You may want to reconsider this thread, i figure with all the time spent talking about starcraft we could have wrote a play and acted it too.
    But if you are a sucker for punishment you best refine your idea. Do you want:
    1v1 ideas,
    2v2 ideas,
    melee.

Here's a good one thats really simple
    Play zerg
    Get extarctor early ie. before you build a spawning pool. Build a spawning pool. Upgrade to... Hive i think it's called. once thats done start building a spire and the moment it's done use the two hatchery's (you made a second one right) to make 6 muta's and attack the enemy's resources. while you are doing this use all the spare crystal to build lots of zerglings. this works great against protoss and zerg. dont bother using it against terran unless he is a real tit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

i really oughta move this to the games forum. but tbh, starcraft is more part of the carlow college experience than lectures, and for some people.. food and drink :)

my 2 cents, it's ****e
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

move to games forum ? awww - but this only forum i post in lol.
    that'd require me to start looking at other forums which takes farrr too much time [which i have excessive amounts of - but I like to waste my time in my own way :) ]

well; general tips/strategy - 1v1, or mutli whatever - just general crap thread - like the rest ;) ... and from all the talk I hear of starcraft, seems as if games forum should be all under carlow anyways :)

**EDIT** woo hoo 100th post lol :)
    /me goes back to mundane life...

Terran V Zerg
    Terran go mass marines and medics. You spend all your excess gas on a small number of tanks to kill thoose peskey lurkers, and the majority of it on Sicence vessles to irridate thoose peskey lurkers and anyhing that is annoying you.

Zerg go mass hydra's with some lurkers to kill thoose peskey marines and try to tech up to defilers to get dark swarm to minimise the effictiveness of thoose peskey marines. Watch out for bunkering outside your base.

bit sketchy on unit names - heard lovely one however...
    There is a unit which can transport units back to base if their in trouble ?
    put that unit in enemy base [also cloaks enemy unit]
    and use it to recall X amount of aircraft-carrier type unit [big cruiser with small ships that attack stuff], which instantly transports them to enemy base - cloaked, unseen ... and the enemy just sees his buildings disappear :)
    will get proper names & edit when rememeber

• Advertisement

The unit that transports stuff instantly is an arbiter the protoss get it.

That tactic is great fun but really expensive, if you have that many carriers just tell the arbiter to follow the carriers so thay are cloaked and go right in whatever door you like because your opponent is not going to be able to stop them unless he has an armey of goliaths (little mechs that fire rockets at air units) or lots of spellcasters. Saw that tactic used once to finish a guy, bickey transported in about 5 carriers few zealots and dragoons and two dropships full of reavers. Very quick and verry messy end to that game.

You every tried to go mass dragoons(protoss unit: giant spiders) you spend nearly all your resources building lots of them and the remainder building some high templar (they make that lightning storm thing). Upgrage them lots and make about 4-8 gateways depending on resources. You really need the high templar though. 40 dragoons have a tendency to kill lots and lots of stuff really quickly. Watch out for seige tanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Originally posted by Sinnocence

put that unit in enemy base [also cloaks enemy unit]
    and use it to recall X amount of aircraft-carrier type unit [big cruiser with small ships that attack stuff],

Well its not as easy as that but yeah, thats the general idea.

You sure you need tips?

thanks for translatnig my version which lacked in sense vulture ;)

ivan ; yes I do ... I know strategies from friends who big into starcraft - so hear it from them ....
    I shall be yer bitch [starcraft-wise anyhows]
    once get used to it - will have some interesting games :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭HaVoC

one other thing is scout find what the other guy is doing and starcraft has been around so long that ever thing that can be done has been done.

so you see certains buildings which tells you he is doing x

so you do y to stop x and so forth and also take advantage of the holes that x leave in that players strategy

i suck tho so listen vulture and ivan

bicky won v vulture 3 time used the above rather funny :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

Originally posted by Mordeth
    lol

drink :)

my 2 cents, it's ****e
    :D

are you mad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

rush.
    vulture is good at this. :( ask him.

build 5 heavies quickly, and get them to run to the enemies base, and wreak havoc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭Redrocket

i hope ye all die from some psychopatic starcraft slayin mental patient from greece

that'd be kewl
    sure beats dying from smoking/drinking anyway
    story to tell the kids - or at least haunt them over it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by stevenk
    i hope ye all die from some psychopatic starcraft slayin mental patient from greece

Is it male or female :rolleyes: ;) ?

Advertisement