Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclocking a celeron

Options
  • 29-11-1998 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hey tech-type people,

I've heard it's easy - what's the story? And the success rates for Cel 266's, 300's and 333's? What can you expect to get out of these?

Please fill my juicy post with your huge meaty replies.

Cheers!

Mark.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭SeP

heard juicy stories bout getting them 333s to 500, something rediculous like that
    i dont have alot of info on it, but thatll do ya :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

The story is get a 300a and an ABIT BH6 Motherboard. In the bios set the multiplyer to 4.5x and the Bus speed to 100Mhz. Theres no point getting a 333a as its only a remarked 300a from what ppl say. Actually an overclocked Celeron 300a @ 450Mhz outperforms a real deal PII450 because of the fact that the cele xxxa has 128k of full speed cache whereas a PII450 has 512k of 1/2 speed cache so chew on that all ye 450Mhz wannabies.

SB...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ABards

www.cpu-central.com
    explains it all
    also the 33a is a 300 with the clock multiplier locked at 5 not 4.5 so has to get to 512 with stanard bus speeds (u can get 112 or 83 etc bus speeds but they are very dodgy)
    Also the 450 is about = to p2 450 as it has so much less at x2 speed (worse in business aps and more in games :))
    I have one and it rocks
    read that site its tells u it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭earthworm_jim

Thanks all!

Advertisement