Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NES question

Options
  • 17-06-2003 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried using their old NES lately? Cause mine is pretty much fecked and a friend lent me his with the EXACT SAME PROBLEM! It keeps going on and off and on and off and on and off and... can be temporarily fixed by the ol' "push the catridge up and down many times" trick. But this doesn't help for long.

So please, anyone who has any idea on how to fix this please do tell. And anyone with similar experiences post up so we can see is it just our machines or do NES' fall apart after 18 years?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 933 ✭✭✭mooman_00

have you tried opening it up cleaning out any dust in it and checking for loose wires?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Mine's also fairly fecked in a similar manner, as is pretty much every NES I've ever used in the past 10 years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Zukustious

I have a similar problem with a SNES, but I don't think it's the same. Everything on that machine has been fúcked since about two years ago. When it does stay on, the colours may become inverted, it crashes, bits of information on the screen gets mixed up and all muddled(It gets blurry).

I think they just have something of a lifespan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

ah good old nes and snes cartridge problem. everyone i know that owns one has problems with this. I remember reading somewhere before that the problem wasn't with the games, but it was due to using the machines and the wear and tear that went with it. the actual slot you put it into is damaged, happened with segas too but not as often as they did the nes/snes. The wear to the games doesn't help either, if you look at the cartridge you'll see the wear on the game also, as Retr0gamer said in another post "Praise the lord for emulation".

Advertisement