Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

800 mb cd-r's

• 17-06-2003 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Where do i get 'em, i remember seeing them b4, but can't recall where

anyone wanna help us out?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Try www.cdmediaireland.com - they might have some - dont know for sure

Hyzepher

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

This wouldnt be so you can fit 800mb mpegs onto a cd by any chance would it ? well if it is , you can fit over 800mbs of video in a 700mb cd , its all down to vid play time not file size , once its less than 80mins it will fit.

If this isnt what your talking about ignore me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Peats

Personally i wouldn't recomend them myself..and i do a lot of burning

D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    This wouldnt be so you can fit 800mb mpegs onto a cd by any chance would it ? well if it is , you can fit over 800mbs of video in a 700mb cd , its all down to vid play time not file size , once its less than 80mins it will fit.

If this isnt what your talking about ignore me.

well i have a certain popular film that's 1.5gb and im going to split it and put on two cdr's, you reckon it'll work?

i might just get the 800 to be safe

Yes it will work , trust me i have loads of those certain types of films , you have to burn it as a video cd and not a regular data cd , easy in nero

• Advertisement

nero strikes again - i love that tool

check out www.vcdhelp.com for loads of useful info

The best advice i'll give ya is burn the cd's very slowly, but if ure burnin a data cd u could upend with crc's onthe dick however if u burn it as a VCD or SVCD, u might not be able to copy them again if you do, as you are really over burning the cd..

D.W.

nice site , by the way what do people recommend for splitting a large .avi from experience?

virtualdub

Pleanty of FAQ's on www.dvdrhelp.com or vcdhelp.com

D.

• Advertisement

Thats not really correct , if the cd is an 80min cd it will fit 80mins of video , file size dosnt matter , you dont need to slow the burn (unless you have a crappy cdrw that isnt buffer underrun protected)

And copying a vcd or svcd isnt a problem , you just need to finalise the cd and it will fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

plextor are releasing a new wrighter that will compress more data onto a 700 meg cd ... dono how its going to do or how it will react on normal cd/dvd drives but i hope to get/see these up and running soon enough

would that not make the speed burn process a hell of alot more sensitive though,

regards the other tools , nothing cuts it like nero,

the buffer underrun feature never failed me

yes i am correct.

but...Not to cross the border of whats on these cd's

If u have a bin file of 800megs and the cue file for it say it's 21k,

The mpeg will be well over 700 meg, now u can burn it to cd no problem however i have come accross cases where cannot copy the cd's again due to crc error's on the cd, this is due to the cd being overburned.i've been given 99mins cd's b4 and gotten crc eror of them from burnin 860 megs to them.... and that was the amount they recommend u burn to them.. so be very weary if u don't deal with vcd's, and svcd's on a day to day basic u caoulod upend making a lot of coasters

Also Pm send to ya lad

D.

I hear what your saying but thats a relativly new problem , due to more svcd's being used and 3disk films.

Originally posted by Darth Homer
    I hear what your saying but thats a relativly new problem , due to more svcd's being used and 3disk films.

Like the film in question it was a 3 cd's flick, however the 1ist bin file was 823meg ...it's just to keep quality...they will burn fine but just be warned u might not b able to do a copy to copy on them with out gettin crc errors..

d.

Advertisement