Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NorthSlide V's SouthSide services

Options
  • 17-06-2003 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Can anyone explain to me Why the best coverage in Dublin is on the South Side, Sure Sure I can understand that Sandyford Industrial estate has a lot of companies located there and Im sure there are many more industrial estates SouthSide too, and I understand that The dublin mountains (3rock) is nice and high for the wireless operators (line of sight )

However it still does not make total sense to me, There are many Large industrial estates on the northside , Airways, Santry industrial estate and Eastpoint. There are also plenty of elevated sites on the N/S too.

Just look at any of the coverage maps on the providers sites. And Now i hear that the next Irish Broad band transmitter that will go live in Tallagh, where there are numerous providers allready. Im mean NTL are there for gods sake.

Does it have anything to do with snobbery, or do providers think that people have more money in the SouthSide. Im sure Bertie wouldnt agree!

Can anyone explain

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

it's a mystery to us northsiders. Especially in the likes of Dublin 15 where there are loads of high tech firms which means a lot of high tech firms employees living nearby who would love broadband. :mad:

Advertisement