Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chemistry Is Over. YEAHHHHH!!!!!

Options
  • 17-06-2003 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

How did everyone fare in chemistry?

I thought it was quite ok, and they could have made it so *much* harder (like not giving any equations). I was worried I was going to fail my ass off, but now even a B doesnt look far beyond my reach!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭slartibardfast

That was a great paper, wonderfully direct and to the point. The experiments were a highlight even though I generally did not remember word for word. I Even managed an extra question in section B, within two hours.

If I don't get a C athlone will burn!!! like my chemistry notes at the moment'

Did anyone not do the buckministerfullerene question? Easiest on the paper!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Darth_Jman

Didnt go near that buckminsterfullerene one, but it looked easy enough (find an element that fits the 3 chained line).
    We had a useless wanker of a teacher, so anything beyond the mole concept we had to learn for ourselves. We did a grand total of 4 experiments! </RANT>

Paper was sure nice tho:) Wonder if their going to slash marks left right and center?.

Or can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

I'd say I didnt do too bad, considering I answered every part of every choice of every question on the paper, perfectly. (apart from one

The paper was, how would I put it.. convenient. Seemed like I had seen all this before, same crap all over again. Stuff taken straight out of mock and sample papers like, and any specific details that came up, were all the intricacies I had made sure to memorise the night before. Nice paper. Trying to figure out which was the more perfect, chem or physics.

The easiest single full question on the paper was undoubtedly question 9. Five minutes and that was out of the way. Another little brontannas from the department.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

sev,

well you were right you jamme git, what a handy paper. i'll be shocked if i dont get a B at least1!!

if the calculations dont work out, like just one listake was made, how many marks you get??

i did every question on the paper and i was brickin it this mornin!!!

Party hard lads!!

i reckon they'll mark it well hard!!

• Advertisement

The more I think about it, they should *not* mark it hard. I mean every encouragement should be given to students to do science subjects at leaving cert, to get people intrested is to get people in to science degree courses. Per income science graduates are worth most to a place like Ireland, so we need lots of them, I mean look at pfizer.

I know in my school there are no present third years going on to do chemistry!!! After that paper they really should.

Good luck, And bye bye LC!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

Same as sev, sweet paper,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

What a great paper! compared with the mocks it was great, in the mocks i didnt do 8 questions, this one i got 9 done, which was accidental.

By the way what the hell is buckministerfullerene?

its this crystal lattace made of 60 atoms of carbon. It's in the workbook if you haven't already burned it!!!

edit: it looks like a football

I'm glad I got to use the phrase 'bucky balls'. Anyway, you wont have encountered buckministerfullerine unless you did the second option involving crystals, polymers and ore extraction stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Heh, only reason i knew about those was becaue of cormac, and i dint even do that part of the question eyebrowraise.gif .

Advertisement