Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classical Studies

Options
  • 17-06-2003 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭

my prediction: AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! JESUSNO!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Trebor

what is classical studies?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

so im not the only one freaking about it then? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

last tuesday: "Grand; EIGHT massive days to study! deadly. A1."

yesterday: "four,... five,... tts..sda.. :eek: TWO days to STUDY"

Today: "Tiberius is a large river in the city of Rome."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭/|/)etal)-|ead

Heh, when I did the L.C. a few years back, I quit physics and took up classical studies instead in the last year, it's insanely easy in comparison to physics, cheer up guys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

so is everyone joining me then in a big "I'M ****ED!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

Just go over names, places, and ... well that's bout it for me. Screw art and architecture. What a sh1tty topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

That was a great paper.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Well? How did everyboydy do?

What topics did everyone do?

i did roman historians: 2 kinda half essays on teh characters of claudius and Nero.

then Greek drama: to LOVELY questions on how euripides makes us elieve that medea is capable of murdering her children, and how "three roads meet" is the turning point in Oedipus Rex.

moving onto ancient epic, a NICE question on loyalty in the odyssey and its rewards, and ANOTHER lovely question on the similiarities and differences between voyages of odysseus and aeneid.

finally, we have philosophy... need i say more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Mewzel

did alexander- great questions, gedrosian desert and what the execution of parmenio, philotas, cleitus and callisthenes says about him.
    drama- great questions on medea and oedipus but i think i still managed to bungle them slightly.
    roman art/arcitecture- nice enough
    epic- great questions. really feel now though that i should have heeded my teachers advice and studied turnus.

all in all i think i did ok though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

What is classical studies?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Originally posted by honeymonster
    What is classical studies?

the study of classic civilasations as far as i know.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭dNC | Tickle

You ever here of the battle of troy, or the trojan horse...Helen the face that launched a thousand ships,etc...

well theres loads more but can't be arsed explaing,someone who isnt as drained as me should explain...:D

Advertisement