Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I find downloadable or online C tutorials

Options
  • 17-06-2003 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just a quickie, I'm going into second year and I'm moving from PasCal to C next year. So what I'm wondering is there are any (good) downloadable or online C tutorials that i can get my hands on? Preferably downloadable because I won't be working online that much and I cant afford to buy a book (altho any recommendations for books will be looked into ;) ). I just want to get a little head start on the year and to keep the concepts I've learned from PasCal fresh, so to speak. I've done a google but the results are too general :(

Cheers in advance.

Daz

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭boo-boo

I don't work in C so I'm not sure how good this is from a "commercial" point of view if you know what I mean, but a brilliant book & worth getting your hands on is
    The C Programming Language, by Kernaghan & Richie, its a classic & reads like one. Small but perfectly formed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

http://www.gametutorials.com/Tutorials/tutorials.htm

Has tutorials on:

C
    C++
    Windows programming
    OpenGL, Direct X

All downloadable, all free, all very good at explaining their point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Programmers Heaven has lots of stuff, not just limited to C/C++ either.

FlipCode although this is geared towards games and isn't strictly C/C++ specific again at times.

GameDev is one of my favs and is quite large. Again, not just limited to C/C++ programming.

There are other C specific sites but I can't remember them offhand, and at risk of sounding flippant may I suggest you do a 'goggle'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Cheers for the info guys

Advertisement