Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm Taking Eircom to Court

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

OMFG its the FIRA-ngee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mad4chel

Not sure what the original issue was exactly but My company was going to install ISDN for me and it took 8 weeks for me to find out that my exchange is not capable of providing it, despite being told during the install(admittedly only by the engineer) that it was available. ISDN is at least a generation of technology behind. They still haven't the decency to inform us I had to chase them down for the info. Needless to say I had bought the modem the new phones the whole 9 yards. I was wondering how to be absolutley certain where the nearest exchange was that could provide ISDN?

I use another billing service for my landline and Eircom telesales rings every other week looking to know if we will be switching back - we keep saying send us on the pricing details - the pricing details never arrive only an application form.

They really need a serious competitor to shake them UP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭gombín

Quote:
    I was wondering how to be absolutley certain where the nearest exchange was that could provide ISDN?

What area are you in?

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Originally posted by James Melody
    I have registered a complaint with comreg.. I have to wait for up to 10 working days however for a reply...

when I have that I will take my next step.
    That was posted on the 29th June. Hear anything back?

Serb

The exchange is in BallyCondon which is near glendine just inside the Waterford side of the Cork/Waterford Border. Near Youghal/Tallow Road.

It seems EsatBT can provide ISDN if you are near a railway line which I am not. They can also provide a concotted wireless to Eircom ISDn exchange and do the billing but sure I am goosed there aswell cos the exchange still won't handle it.

I was looking at comreg and interesting that some of the surveys 50% were happy to think of Ireland as a centre for ecommerce?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

My friend on the cork road in waterford applied for broadband in june, his line passed the pre-qual test and he went ahead and ordered it online, only to be told that the Tycor Exchange had not been upgraded, he says fair enough hed wait tilll it was, flash forward to last Friday when i told him the tycor exchange was upgraded, he happily went off to ring eircom to reactivate his order

Guess what

Sorry sir your line no longer passes the pre-qual test for broadband we cannot offer you broaband at this time, would you be interested in HI-SPEED instead

****ers

Shin

Which kinda brings me back to the scenario of how I could know for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Ohhhh...Eircom are so incompetant....

I heard back from them TODAY in regard to Comreg.

I told them of all the difficulties, they asked when I had disconnected. I told them the 7th of May. They then told me I had not been without service as I had been making voice calls on the line?? Arggghhh...

Do Eircom even know what DSL is??? This is from one of the senior people in their customer care department,....

Advertisement