Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SLA -* The Pit *

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Commissar

Gaunt leaned on the table, resting his chin on his hand. With tired movements he half filled a glass and knocked it back.
    "Uhhh.....I need sleep...or pain-killers or something."
    Another groan before a finger lept out toward Zmek.
    "And don't you give me any grief about "human frailty" or any o' that other cack. God knows you're no better off"
    He slouched back, sprawling over his thinly padded seat.
    "Well at least the drinks are free. They'd put a bloody big dent in our earnings if they weren't. Which brings me onto something else are we going to continue on taking the hardest missions to get our sla levels down quick or do we start playing angles. We would be sitting easy if we had gotten that battleship back safe. Speaking of which that might just have made s a few enemies. Losing that ship would be a pretty big blow to the Darknights, I reckon."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Specky

Zmek liked the Pit no more now than he had before. The dim lights and secluded booths were comforting but the constant babble of conversations half heard, the inane chatter of the inebriates and braggarts irritated and distracted his thoughts.

He sat well back in his seat, one gloved hand resting on the arm of the high backed chair, the other casually cradling a glass half filled with rugged chunks of ice in front of his face.

The lights above the booth sparkled in the ice and reflected shards of light from the waster's mirror shades. His face remained otherwise expressionless, now and then inhaling the cold invisible vapours from the glass.

"How typical of a human" he replied to Gaunt's outburst, "place yourself in harms way and then complain because you don't have the wit to repair the damage."

"I think you can sleep safe in your little bed tonight human. Darknight have bigger fish to fry than you..."

He sighs in frustration, fogging his glass slightly before landing it back on the table with a firm "clack" and sitting forward in his seat "What annoys me is the money we could have made with some video footage of that stealth ship..not to mention those damned mutants!...." his fist is clenched tightly on the table beside the glass "...I wouldn't be surprised if that treacherous piece of dirt Steiner didn't take some secretly and that's why he's off hob-nobbing with the tv execs now!"

Zmek sits back into his chair again and folds his arms, face setting into a scowl only half as black as the thoughts that twist and knot inside his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Tali'einea stubble in through the door of her hab. she lays her coat over the bed and stalk into the shower and once it is steaming nice and hot only then starts to get undressed.

the mission had been both tought and tedious, but it had it's highlights for she got to go among the stars.
    Few teams are expected to come back from first missions.
    few teams are ecpected to complete their first mission
    and well Few teams get to cause such wanton damage on thier first mission. Hmmm that maybe a problem wth filming thier fun and games as long as she and Zemk keep editing control things should go well enough.

the only worrying thing was with the level of destructivness they achieved
    they could end up in one of the canibal sectors on thier next mission as it was unlikely they'd be trusted uptown.

Worse case they could be dropped atop
    Salavtion Tower

Despite the warmth of the near scalding water Tale shivered she'd had odd Dreams about that place. Those dreams were the ones with no color but the most vivid sounds of water dripping and the echo of ongoing groaning of metal that never ended.

Tali snaps of out it, Damn why did she have to think about that place now when she need at least 4 hours sleep.

she steps from the shower and reaches for the stimm tabs might as well go meet the rest at the Pitt.

She dresses swiftly pulling soft red silk on over her deathsuit and slamms the door on the way out.

Tali revs her lil black baby all the way through the wet slick shimmering streets to the Pitt , nice to hear the engine puuring blocking out most of the street sounds.

VIP pass means vip parking : Tali grins as she pulls a hand break turn spining the car to a stop right outside the main door of the Pit.

she Flashes the pass and chucks the keys at the lowly humanpunk in the bowtie. " She's worth more then you so reather her better then you do you mother".

She strides into the club knowing full well the rest of them would be sitting in the same spot that she picked for them last time. After hitting the Bar she slides into the booth and stares at her glass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

Tank Arrives home to his small one bedroom apartment showers and changes. The memories of his first mission still fresh on his mind his thoughts dark and clouded confused so much happened since they took on this mission and it has changed tank somehow on the inside. tank changes into his best clothes and then heads in the direction of the PIT walking alone with his thoughts down the rain drenched streets of uptown.

On arriving at the pit and nodding to the head bouncer deth he flashes his free pass into the pit and wanders aimlessly around for a while chatting idly to old classmates who also have survived there first mission's and having a drink for the ones that never made it back. with his head slightly spinning tank ambles over to table where gaunt and squall are sitting. tank nods to his fellow squad mates and sits in the stormer sized chair and orders another round of drinks.

tank looks around the table at the squad now assembled before him. "our first mission all in all i believe was a success squall. This was our first mission together and with only one fatality
    to report id call that a huge success" tank pauses for a moment and takes a big drink "I've been taking to a few of our classmates about there first mission and some of the other squads took huge casualties there first time out in the field so we can count ourselves lucky that most of us made it back it was a very difficult mission and i believe we should have been paid more than what we were paid but that's what being i newbie SLA Op is all about" tank pauses again to take another huge gulp of draining off his pint "yesh well (hick) well aash i was shaying we all survived right (hick) so the fact dat we all mades it back" tank stops for a second and hangs his huge head in silence a few more moments pass and tank looks up again "accept for dat poor old (hick) wraith raider he he he he was cute he looked like a big kitty cat" tank grins again exposing all of his white teeth and fangs drool running down his mouth and onto the table
    "yea well i showed dem mutants didn't i" tank drains another full pint of beer in one go and slams the mug down onto the table leaving a huge dent in the table

"yea well they wont be messhin with us again, <BURP> " the sound echoes around the room
    "s'cuse me" tank staggers to his feet muttering "so much violence and death" tank looks at gaunt through his bleary eyes and says "we've changed gaunt. i've never seen so much death before its shocked me but i'll feel better in the morning" tank stands up again "no if will you excuse me im going to throw up in the toilets i'll be back soon"

tank leaves in the direction of the toilets.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭tank

**Tank staggers back from the toliets about 30 mins later.....

"ooooo my head!! im never touching that stuff again what the hell was i drinking!!!"

"while i woz (cough) away i been doing some tinking about our next mission it seems to me dat we need some more cash and to do that we should go for the higher paid missions!! so this is just a suggestion we should try either Jade, Green or Grey BPN's next? Since we have an abudance of Ebb users we might as well make de most of dem"

"whadda ya think guys?"

• Advertisement

Commissar savoured another mouthful of his beer (Well if the drinks are on the house then why not take advantage: get the priciest piss-water in the house and drink it quickly)-
    "Well this was the best paying mission available and as much as I sneered at the final pay check, i've got to admit that a .3 security level increase is good. I doubt there's another operative from our class who can match that so far.
    So yeah, [gestures with his drink] I agree with you. I say we build on what we've done and get ourselves a reputation for efectiveness quickly with some well done high difficulty missions. It could pay off as our security level increases.
    Basically I say ooooh....350 to 400 credits min and .3 SCL. Course those Grey missions will probably help us out rep-wise too so....."

Tali listens to the chatter as she pours whiskey into herself in hope of some sleep later.

She looks up from her glass " if you want money and rep esp money then you have to get entangled with the media. I'm not intrested in running iwth any crew that has hovercams filming them everytime they wipe thier noses but if we take a downtown/gang rated BNP let zemkie film us in action with a lot of Wetwork the average Joe loves to see SLA ops out and about his slum on his wall TV. high ratings good money and maybe a few ensdorsements then we can get 'known' and push for a few more plum jobs to up our scl. "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Squall listened to the chatter pass among the squad knocking back a shot of jack, it wasnt as strong as the stuff from his home planet but he suspected that would burn right through a human so doubted they had it in stock.

I say we go with media coverage. Its a fast way of making money for the gear well need for the more difficult ops

Like the distant roll of thunder Zmek slowly crunches his teeth through a rough ice cube and lets the frozen shards slither across his tongue.

"I too would like to rid this city of some of the gangster scum that crawl through downtown or below. There are fathomless depths of human depravity to scour beneath the surface of these streets and it's time the people saw how they are to be cleansed."

"You humans can seek your glory if you will. I would collect some souvenirs along the way...." A grin flicks across his face for a moment then is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Apologies i been very very sick over the last few days im on nights atm so the posting will be infrequant for me for about a week or so (sorry guys) :(

The new game starts............... now!!

you can continue chatting in the pit for as long as you like but once you start posting in the game turn thread i'll assmue that you've left for the night!!

hope you enjoy the game!

• Advertisement

"Knowledge is knowing that Al][en is fruity. Wisdom is not asking him to peel your banana."

ROFL!!! aaahhh specky and there was me facing another glum nite shift in work and i read your post!! :D cheered me right up

thank you!!

:D

That makes a nice change from being flamed....(not by you...just everyone else)....think I need a hug....

:D

aaaawwwww GROUP HUG EVERYONE!!!!

(cough) anyhoo slighty off topic there!!

so i assume your all off to the slayers crib to pick up a BPN!!
    promise that level up doc is comming but my time is slightly taken up im writing a SLA Senario (hopefully) for Gaelcon 2004
    once its done i'll submit it to the mercy of Gar and see what he thinks but i must say its a work of pure genius (or madness its amazing how many times those traits cross paths)

so the level up documnet is on the way but its on the back burner until i can get this Senario written (its evil very evil i must admit Thaed co-created it she came up with the idea im just fleshing it out MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA)

ahhhhh poor Specky but you got hugs on Sunday, well we will have to make sure you get more next time.

so are you done yet or are there more flames needed ?

yes a BPN a Jade Street BPN. if that is possible.

as for the first part on much eviliness for gealcon send watch you have when you need more wickedness and dire deviousiness added.

i had to admit this is one evil game im writing i think cos im writing it at 3am most nights im tired and not ina good mood
    still a long long way off from completion

Thead if you want i'll try to finish up the rest of the game from here cos if you know too much about the game you prolly wont be able to play it at gaelcon next year i value your advise but tis up to you

oh i know i wont be able to play it lol, see I was there at it's conception and will help you with the labour and the birthing. in the mean time it can gestate nicly in your brain lol

What a heart warming image of motherly love.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Emmm, were kinda swamping the pit thread, shouldnt this be in Player chat :)

"Spoken like a true Shaktar...rules, regulations, honour, tradition...you'll be telling us to pay the drinks bill just to be courteous..."

Zmek snorts into his glass but does not make eye contact with the shaktar....

• Advertisement

Anyway, back to the post-mission analaysis. I <hic> have a question for the panel. Am I the only one who thinks my uzis left me down badly in the great wide open against the shambling horde <hic>?

Advertisement