Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Leaving Cert this year comparing to last?

Options
  • 17-06-2003 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

what d'ye think.... i was brickin it before all my exams, and after i felt i did really well. everything but honors maths seemed to be easy for everyone. what ye think?

Easy Leaving Cert this year, compared to other years? 17 votes

Yes!!! Deffo!
    0% 0 votes
    No chance
    47% 8 votes
    I'm still to drunk to remember
    52% 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Shane

You do realise they're gonna be marked harder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

no way it was easier , it was just more or less the same and last years wasnt too easy earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Shane
    You do realise they're gonna be marked harder?
    why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

Because the only thing an education civil servant likes more than a neat suit is a set of grades corresponding almost exactly to that of the year before.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Here's my assessment. All higher level papers.

Irish:
    Harder, but only as a result of the essay titles on paper 1. The rest of the paper was more or less the same.

English:
    Didn't do last years paper and honestly don't care. I hate English with a passion and am glad I never have to suffer it again.

Maths:
    I felt both papers 1 and 2 were much harder than last year.

French:
    Definately easier than last year. The essay titles and comprehensions were not that hard at all.

Physics:
    Fathoms easier than last year.

Accounting:
    Harder than last year but only because I hate Sole Trader questions and Service Firms.

Economics:
    Much easier than last year. Both the shorts and section B were very doable, dare I say, a piss.

There's my opinions anyway. They are all based on me doing last years papers as a study aid. I didn't repeat just incase anyone was wondering.

All in all I'd say easier but sure who is to say. Everyone is different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Originally posted by eireboy
    why?

Because they only give say 8.7% of people As etc. I was talking to a corrector, and she said that they constantly ring in with the amount of As etc, and they in turn would be told how hard to mark, or what to except....
    Thats why she said that a hard paper isnt a bad thing.

Advertisement