Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What the hell are Man Utd doing?

• 18-06-2003 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Think about this...Beckham gone, a great pity in my opinion, and now Ronaldinho wants to obviously go to Real since Roberto Carlos said he'd love to see him here and that Real should sign him asap and Real expressed interest. Kewell is going to Arsenal(almost definitely...agreeing terms) so what the hell is going on now?

Im feeling quite pissed off about the fact that this is going arseways...can someone just tell me why they didnt buy kewell for that bargain price? Obviously Duff is not going to be moving cos quite simply no1 can afford to pay the price requested there looking for, i wouldnt spend 15 million(there looking for 20) for Duff.

Sorry but no way...

Money isnt a problem for them so when is anything going to happen? If we dont get Ronaldinho, ill be so ****en pissed off. Does anyone know ay details about this? I know for a fact Real are going after Ronaldinho especially since they keep everything to themselves jsut like with the Beckham thing...its crazy. I just hope they do something quick cos its not looking too good...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭ciano

I think its good business by Utd. They've got a very good price for a very over-rated player. The best thing Beckham ever brought to Utd was his abilty to sell shirts! He is very marketable, but hes not even close to being one of the worlds best players, imo.

As for who will replace him at Utd ... Im sure Fergie has someone in mind. Hes sold big stars in the past, and has always been able to replace them with other big stars or with great youth players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

Fergie has a proven track record so I'm going to keep my faith in him and hopefully all will work out ok. I'm sure he has some plans for the money they'll get for Beckham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

United will have two or three new players by the start of the season including Ronaldinho.

35 million euros for a player turning 29 this season is a great deal for United. IMO he hasnt produced the goods in the really big games for United the past couple of seasons. Real away last season he was non-existent and deserved to be dropped for the home leg.

As for selling shirts it longer made a difference to United since the signed with Nike. The deal states they get £23 million every year no matter how many shirts are sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Everything the way it should be done ? who else can sell a 1.5m talent for 25m ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

50 Cent everything you said there was rumour and speculation bar the Beckham thing, which wont be finalised for another couple of weeks. You are way overreacting. Fergie is on his holidays, it is only mid june. $25m for Beks was a good deal and they were right to take it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

United dont need Beckham now, they dont need his ego and he is not good enough for the massive wages he was earning..

Sunday Times last week went into it very well, the 6 or 7 biggest games for Man U last season, he did not play in most of them. Its not like they are sort of Midfielders, and they have a few young players right behind there who many break thru..

I think its great business to cash in on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

I expected united to get more for him - but only because of how marketable he is.

I think he is over-rated. I do believe he will probably come back and haunt us in the european cup - but thats what makes it all so exciting!!!!!!

I'm glad he is gone - although I will miss him. I think its time united moves on.

The thing I am most happy about is tha fact that that cow VICKY won't be annoying anyone at old trafford anymore.

She is such a prima donna, I have a friend is within the inner circles at old trafford, he brought me to old trafford the season before last for a game. While being wined and dined in the executive suite, all the regulars were giving out about posh spice after she had caused problems with the parking arrangements at old trafford.

Apparently when a friend of my friend(gets complicated) went to park in his reserved spot - she took it on him, when he got out to protest, she did one of those "do you know who I am" things....

So I would guess that the board got sick of things like this with her.

At the back of old trafford where the players come out - she and beckham are probably the only ones that get their car driven right into the tunnel where the players leave from - everyone else walks through the crowd. anyway starting to bitch too much about her now...

Good riddens to becks and his prima donna wife...

Ferguson has a plan - he'll get what he wants! I trust him...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

U`d still let her lick the baldie fella`s tho.

Ontopic: Utd will always get a decent player or 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I think i am over reacting a bit but im seriously pissed off bout this. I want Ronaldinho at the club so badly. I think he is fantastic to watch and hes so young and talented. And he is Brazilian, he would bring something different to the club a european player simply cant.

I hope we get em tho. Today, more speculation about Barcelona wanting him now. But im more concerned about Real. Regardless of debt, they go for who they want, there severly in debt and they spent 30millEuros on a 29 to be this season yr old player!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Beckham was getting to think that he was to big for the club they were right to sell him.Ronalinho will be a greet buy for the club he'll bring some competitiveness into the club

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭50Cent

I totally agree with that article, quite obvious as well though. Im just worried that they wont get Ronaldinho, now dont get me wrong, im not some football freak whose life depends on what Man Utd(the PLC) do. But i really would enjoy watching him there next season...theres so much speculation still flying who there signing and its not bad so lets just wait and see who they sign.

Advertisement